Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This position is responsible for the planning, development, review, and maintaining of project requirements including Project Technical Requirements Specification (PTRS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs), End Item Specifications (EIS), Verification and Validation Document (V&VD) and Verification Success Criteria (VSC)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning, development, review, and maintaining of project requirements including Project Technical Requirements Specification (PTRS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs), End Item Specifications (EIS), Verification and Validation Document (V&VD) and Verification Success Criteria (VSC)
- Use requirements management and model-based systems engineering tools as necessary
- Develop and support sub-system requirements and verification data packages to support architecture requirements, design, verification/validation, operations, and sustaining engineering
- Conduct product life cycle reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR), coordinate integration, verification, and validation activities
- Monitor submitted documents and attend design reviews
- Perform system engineering functions of projects and provide user input feedback during the design process
- Review verification and validation reports to verify compliance with requirements
- Work with team members to identify risks, to develop risk statements, and to help plan risk responses
- Work in a team environment and report to the team lead and customer with status on progress and issues
- Adapt to new design constraints, functions, and configurations as needed
- Maintain a professional relationship with customer and other support contractors
- BS degree from an accredited school and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience
- Advanced degrees may be counted as experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the systems engineering and Integration (SE&I) processes, methodologies, tools, and technologies such as model based systems engineering.
- Knowledge of test principles, tools, and processes needed to develop test requirements
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings
- Must have the ability to visualize and work with complex mechanical/electrical systems and work with others in problem solving as part of a team
- Self-motivated, team player and adaptability to a dynamic environment and the ability to complete all assignments as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and will be expected to effectively interact with customers and management at all levels
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and schedules
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with NASA JSC Flight Hardware Life Cycle, Certification, and Engineering processes
- Experience with the development of space systems requirements documents and verification plans (such as PTRS (Project Technical Requirements Specification) and Verification and Validation documents (V&VD), and ICD (Interface Control Document)
- Experience with requirements development, design trades, risk analysis, and system analysis of space hardware
- Experience with the concept definition, design, verification, and testing of space systems
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification
- Familiarity with NASA/JSC documentation databases and share point sites as well as typical systems engineering software products such as DOORs, Cradle, or MagicDraw.
- Basic knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, and material selection.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
AdTech COVID Vaccine Requirement:
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. Oceaneering joins the federal government in its effort to decrease the spread of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, decrease worker absence, reduce labor costs, and improve the efficiency of work performed for the federal government.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective January 18, 2022, all new Oceaneering employees supporting federal government contracts must be fully vaccinated before their start date, except in the limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to a medical or religious accommodation. Unless entitled to an accommodation, applicants selected for hire must provide a copy of their COVID vaccination card.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.