Skills: Subsea Engineer, Subsea Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is currently looking for a Subsea Engineer to provide onshore and offshore support for our future workload within our Subsea Operations Team.
The purpose of the role is to provide onshore and offshore subsea technical support on platform, diving and ROV campaigns across aspects of inspections, repairs, maintenance, and construction.
Join a culture of innovation , pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
- Preparation of operation and intervention procedures relating to the subsea facilities
- Develop and maintain key asset operations documentation and drawings of the subsea infrastructure
- Respond to emergent issues and manage fault finding, investigation, repair or replacement activity
- Participation in client / vendor meetings and risk assessments (HIRA)
- Ensuring that any selected contractor / vendor complies with local regulations and procedures
- Ensure work procedures are followed and that any deviation is captured by a management of change process
- Liaising directly with the contractor to ensure work is carried out with proper regard to HSE protection and legal obligations, and monitoring performance through regular inspections of the worksite
- Provide technical knowledge and experience of the worksites (platforms and vessels)
- Provide technical advice to contractor / vendors in execution of subsea work scopes
- Liaison with onshore operations engineers as required
- Contribute to lessons learned and offshore campaign improvements
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications
Required Qualifications, Experience and Competence:
- Engineer with a minimum bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Subsea Engineering or other similar disciplines relating to upstream oil and gas from a recognised university
- Demonstrate understanding of subsea operations and other subsea disciplines areas (IRM, pipelines, hardware, controls, integrity management) within UKCS region
- Offshore BOSIET / MIST / Medical
- Good at building and maintaining client relationships and developing opportunities
- Ability to work without close supervision, but availing of support from experienced personnel in complex circumstances
- Strong communication and report writing skills
- Compile e-mails describing results, premises, reports, and technical notes
- Can deliver effective presentations to clients
- Able to work offshore as required in support of execution
- Able to be adaptable and flexible to varying work scopes across disciplines
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.