Skills: Civil Construction
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Georgetown, Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana
Massy Wood Guyana is currently seeking expressions of interest for upcoming projects based at our Guyana Office.
This is an expression of interest only, the project is expected to commence in 2022.
Applicants must have full work rights in Guyana to be eligible for this role.
- Responsible for optimizing resources and looking after the profitability of the company and its clients
- Provide Daily Report in a timely manner to Construction Coordinator and Planner to allow Project Controls Reports be populated and to advise Coordinator of current Project status
- Accountable for the quality and accuracy of work carried out as well as ensuring the accuracy of execution reports
- Tracks the progress of the project, reporting progress, concerns and recommended corrective actions promptly to the Construction Superintendent
- Develops and improve relationships between engineering, maintenance, operations and construction teams including Sub Contractor Departments
- Acts as the Focal Point for all construction related activities within the assigned assets when delegated by the Construction Superintendent
- Identify appropriate resources required to perform works and forward planning of resources
- Identify of increased or reduction in scope, and relaying the necessary support documents and information to the Construction Engineer for Project Control Purposes
- Ensure Contractor(s) performance is in accordance with work schedule, specifications and all other requirements
- Manage an effective team (including Subcontractors) - provide leadership and motivation to the team
- Lead, guide and support all team members in the execution of the assigned projects in an organized, effective and efficient manner
- Lead the execution of assigned projects, assuring that all allocated responsibilities are dealt with accordingly
- Assure Asset Integrity standards are maintained
- Ensure all work carried out complies with company and client standards along with current legislation and follows sound industry norms and practices
- Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness to ensure Subcontractors are aware of standards expected. To proactively assist whoever necessary to improve and maintain the HS&E performance
- Ensure all records and required documentation from the project (both electronic and hard copies) are maintained and completed to auditable standards in a timely manner. (Including the assurance of contractors documentation when required)
- Capturing and share learning during the execution of projects
- Liaise with Operations, Sub Contractor, and Construction Coordinator, Construction Engineer to analyze and solve execution problems
- Responsible for the motivation of staff to identify improvement opportunities that add value to both the company and the client
- Ensure subcontractor daily resources are in accordance to project budget
- Ensure completion handover dossier and GOC forms are completed by subcontractor
- Ensure client Control of Work (COW) procedures and Site Technical Practices (STPs) are adhered to while executing projects
- Ensure Construction compliance with all QA/QC requirements in relation to Completion Management Systems, Discipline Check Sheets, and ITR compliance
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical Diploma from a recognized institution
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.