Skills: Project Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Fuel Cell Projects Project Manager will perform project management for NASA government-based projects involving fuel cell technology for NASA missions (hardware development, manufacturing, and testing) working along with our NASA customers
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform project management for NASA government-based projects involving fuel cell technology for NASA missions (hardware development, manufacturing, and testing) working along with our NASA customers
- Monitor scheduled deliverables against established plans
- Work with customers and test engineers in the development of requirements and risk development/tracking
- Work closely with vendors and manufacturers to track purchases and deliveries
- Prepare test requests and other test documentation (test readiness reviews) as needed for various NASA test facilities
- Work closely with testing engineers and technicians to plan and execute test series and evaluate results
- Prepare presentation material for life cycle reviews such as Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR).- - Oversee and develop procedures, work instructions, drawings, and process flows
- Interface frequently with inter-organizational disciplines, NASA System Managers, and operational customers
- Perform job functions based on pre-established guidelines or instructions
- Monitor cost performance against established plans.
- Provide budgeting, forecasting and cost estimating support to NASA customers
- Develop and maintain company and customer (primarily government) financial and project status reports as needed.
- Perform other duties as required
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and at least 15 years of direct engineering experience
- Advanced degrees may be counted as experience
- Prior experience with creating and reviewing financial reporting, including budgeting, forecasting and cost estimating
- Prior experience dealing with vendors and purchase requests
- Prior experience managing and leading a team
- Experience with requirements development, design trades, risk analysis, test & verification of hardware
- Self-motivated, team player and adaptability to a dynamic environment and the ability to complete all assignments as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and will be expected to effectively interact with customers and management at all levels
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings
- Must have the ability to visualize and work with complex mechanical/electrical systems and work with others in problem solving as part of a team
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Mechanical, aerospace, or chemical engineering degree
- Familiarity with fuel cell technology development and testing
- Experience with NASA/JSC flight hardware process and certification
- Familiar with Johnson Space Center (JSC) organizations, processes, and procedures
- Familiarity with the Engineering Life Cycle process
- Prior experience with hardware anomaly troubleshooting and failure analysis
- Familiarity with common hand tools and proficiency using them to perform assembly, disassembly, and troubleshooting on mechanical and electrical systems
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
AdTech COVID Vaccine Requirement:
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. Oceaneering joins the federal government in its effort to decrease the spread of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, decrease worker absence, reduce labor costs, and improve the efficiency of work performed for the federal government.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective January 18, 2022, all new Oceaneering employees supporting federal government contracts must be fully vaccinated before their start date, except in the limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to a medical or religious accommodation. Unless entitled to an accommodation, applicants selected for hire must provide a copy of their COVID vaccination card.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.