Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Panama City, Florida, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Are you a military service member within or nearing your 180-day window for separation from active duty? If this is you, then Oceaneering has a unique opportunity to help kick-start the next chapter in your professional life. We are accepting applications for our very own DoD SkillBridge Internship Program, which is a cutting-edge initiative designed to link our nation's warfighters to the best employment opportunities available as soon as possible in their transition process.
In this internship with Oceaneering, you will:
- Learn how your military experience translates into a rewarding civilian career.
- Explore a career or industry you might want to pursue upon separation from active duty.
- Earn real-world industry qualifications and certifications.
- Build experience and competency in your trade/ profession with our team.
- Expand your professional network of contacts.
- Gain familiarity with corporate culture.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Through this program, Oceaneering is seeking a motivated SkillBridge Intern Facilities Technician to work and learn in our facility in Panama City FL. This occupation consists of essential tasks of performing and documents preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repair on facility HVAC systems, process chillers, cooling towers, plumbing, cranes, air compressors, forklifts, aerial lifts, portable generators, facility infastructure (120vac thru 480vac circuits) and general maintenance. Use Peoplesoft to update work orders and time. Non essentional tasks may include: complete minor construction and repair projects, like drywall hanging and patching, updating break or restroom facilities, general painting and touch-ups. May assist with general facility clean up, conference room or training room setup as needed. Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will participate in a practical and systematic program of on-the-job training and related instruction to develop existing military technical experience. Internship will be 6 - 24 weeks long and can only commence within the 180 days before discharge from active duty service.
Duties and Responsibilities
Internship Schedule/ Hours
Responsibility of Employer
Responsibility of Intern
Complete Course (1 Day)
Time Keeping Training
Learn to report time as a SkillBridge Intern using OII PeopleSoft Timekeeping tool.
Assimilation with the organization to include meetings and introductions to functional peers and other internal resources. Completion of all required Oceaneering Learning Management System (SUMTOTAL) for new hires
Complete Peoplesoft Maintenance Module Training, to include work order creation, preventive maintenance work order review, time entry, locating spare parts
Review S drive for equipment files, spare part locations, and equipment TAG number and identification
Tool box and locker is assigned. Review of safe and appropriate operation of hand and power tools. Facility tour of equipment location and operation.
OJT in facility maintenance of HVAC Systems, and Process Chillers
OJT in facility maintenance of Forklift trucks and aerial lifts
OJT in facility maintenance of portable generators, compressors and other mobile equipment
OJT facility electrical infrastructure
Week 7 - 12
40 hours/ week up to 12 weeks depending on length of internship approved by command
OJT that will continue to build on all topics learned in previous weeks through hands-on Mechanical Inspection, Repair, and Troubleshooting of Facility Equipment.
- Must meet all eligibility requirements outlined in DOD Instruction 1322.29 and NAVADMIN 222/15.
- Official TAD/ TDY Orders to Oceaneering International, Inc. for the period of the internship.
- Technical Associates Degree, military technical school, or civilian technical trade school completion.
- Minimum of two years' formal training or four years progressive responsibility and experience fabricating, assembling, troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing hydraulic/mechanical systems, and small valve maintenance, including high pressure air/liquid power and control equipment (pumps, valves, etc).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must be a US Citizen who is not a dual citizen of any other country.
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces , k neel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.