Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 30 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E) systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD).
The Scheduler I will, using statements of work, prepare master production plans and schedules that are fully integrated and resource loaded. They will organize working meetings with Project Managers to detail statement of work and forecast resources with budget allocations. When required, weekly or monthly, depending on project needs, the Scheduler will produce Earned Value Management reporting on project status including schedule performance and cost performance index. Weekly data will be collected and analyzed for the Project Manager.
The Scheduler I will be working under supervision of the Project Management Office Manager and Lead Scheduler.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collect and introduce data into Primavera P6 and Microsoft Access databases.
- Review new and existing data, correcting or updating data when necessary.
- Maintain accurate database records.
- Provide reports on various topics to the supervisor.
- Compile statistical reports and Earned Value related data.
- Coordinate between the Finance Office and Projects to ensure accuracy of data.
- Assist with verification and editing of input and output data.
- Maintain records of various tasks related to the job.
- Perform quality control analysis and other related activities.
- Assist in the development of databases and other data-keeping tools.
- Development of training pertaining to data control and analysis.
- Assist in development of standard guides and Process Instructions pertaining to the Program Management Office.
- Performing vertical audits of projects as assigned by the manager, Program Management.
- Production of Earned Value graphs and metrics for senior management review.
- Attend project meetings.
- A wide degree of latitude and creativity is required.
- Perform all functions under the guidance of the Program Management Office Manager
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Directly reports to the Project Management Office Manager.
- Superb analytical and problem solving skills, with a good understanding of logical ties.
- Comprehensive understanding of Critical Path Analysis.
- At a minimum, intermediate working knowledge/experience with Primavera P6.
- Must have the ability to gain and maintain a Secret Security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree or graduation from an accredited shipbuilding apprentice program with 2 or more years experience preferred.
- Prior experience in a ship repair or shipbuilding or other similar manufacturing with scheduling or production work control experience preferred.
- Good communication skills and the ability to coordinate with customers to ensure full schedule integration.
- Must be a U.S. citizen who is not a dual citizen of any other country.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
AdTech COVID Vaccine Requirement:
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. Oceaneering joins the federal government in its effort to decrease the spread of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, decrease worker absence, reduce labor costs, and improve the efficiency of work performed for the federal government.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective January 18, 2022, all new Oceaneering employees supporting federal government contracts must be fully vaccinated before their start date, except in the limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to a medical or religious accommodation. Unless entitled to an accommodation, applicants selected for hire must provide a copy of their COVID vaccination card.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.