Skills: A B Seaman, Crane Operator
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Assist with maintenance of deck operations including knuckle boom crane operation and performs operational checks and minor repairs when necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with deck maintenance and independently carry out various deck department duties.
- Daily maintenance to preserve painted surfaces of the ship and to maintain lines.
- Performs lift operations with vessel crane according to safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
- Makes routine checks of the crane to ensure the safety of other personnel and reliability during operation.
- Performs minor maintenance and repairs on the crane when necessary.
- Member of shipboard emergency response team.
- Responsible for communications, safety watches, and deck watch during operations when assigned to be watch keeper.
- Inform Chief Officer of third party inspections and maintenance.
- Measure depth of water in shallow or unfamiliar waters, communicating the information to bridge.
- Overhaul lifeboats and lifeboat gear and raises or lowers with winch or falls.
- Splice and repair cables and ropes using hand-tools.
- One to two years related vessel crane and deck operational experience.
- Vessel experience in the Gulf of Mexico within the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of SMS shipboard procedures.
- Merchant Mariner's Credential (Z-card) with AB Unlimited endorsement.
- STCW-95 (Standard Training and Watch Keeping Certification) with RFPNW (Rate Forming Part of a Navigational Watch) endorsement.
- Crane (including knuckle boom crane) certification.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Valid TWIC card.
- Hold or be able to pass Government security clearances.
- Must have valid MMC-US Medical certificate.
- Valid US passport.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Vocational training.
- Knuckle boom crane experience preferred
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Technician COVID Vaccine Requirement:
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, the majority of Oceaneering's offshore clients are requiring that all individuals working on their rigs and vessels be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for offshore positions at Oceaneering. All applicants selected for offshore positions will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.