Experience: 30 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering AGV Systems, an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Oceaneering AGV Systems has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs).
The Buyer II is a senior with a high degree of independence who has, in addition to operational and tactical purchasing knowledge and skills, affinities with planning and bill of materials management. You will broadly represent and are the point of contact for the Supply Chain function for the targeted sub-contractor and Service needs. The Buyer executes purchase orders (POs) and schedule deliveries (expediting) for procurement of materials and services. The Buyer is also able to make commitments for the company at any dollar level upon receipt of a properly approved requisition and assists management in meeting department goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Purchase order/MSR management (Confirmation, Expedite, end user communication)
- Resolve receiving problems that may include quality issues, rejected materials or shipments, and part number discrepancies.
- Resolve material and part returns due to warranty claims, incorrect shipments, or freight damage. Submit claims for carrier freight damage.
- Place orders in accordance with engineering specifications and other requirements.
- Liaise with suppliers and create/maintain effective working relationships.
- Evaluate vendor performance and assist with maintenance of approved supplier list.
- Maintain electronic data storage systems as directed.
- Resolve invoice anomalies.
- Adhere to Quality Management System.
- Participate in HSE Awareness - Observation Cards, HSE Safety Suggestions
- Troubleshoots problems that arise on materials, invoices and quality, and coordinate consequences with other departments as required.
- Co-ordinate purchasing and sourcing of materials and subcontracting sources next to common Off-the-Shelf Items and Sub-Contracted items.
- Initiate and analyze quotations received. As well as select or recommend suppliers and alternate parts to obtain more favorable pricing and quality.
- Negotiates purchase transaction and places orders and contracts at terms favorable to the company, considering price, quality standards and delivery.
- Operate as the linking-pin between the Project Management Office (PMO), Supply Chain, and Production by communicating project-related requirements for BoM management, sourcing, procurement, inventory, and warehousing in relationship to the overall materials plan.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Formal Purchasing and/or Supply Chain Management education preferred.
- 4 years' experience in a Purchasing-Buyer position.
- 1 year in transportation/logistics.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.