Skills: CAD / CAM
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Sr. Engineering Solutions Analyst will be responsible for engaging with end users and working groups to support the design, development, delivery, and day to day operation of innovative solutions that improve engineering performance. Acts as liaison with business to support and execute the customization, configuration, report, extension changes and business user support to the OII divisions. Will assist with programs to support the Enovia, EPDM and CAD applications in the Engineering solutions department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide global functional support to end users. Interface with the operating units to resolve engineering application related issues including data quality and system performance, Create and suggest workarounds for issues while waiting for fixes.
- Configure, test, document, and deploy solutions to meet business requirements through actionable functional design specifications that clearly articulate scope and approach and allow for detailed project planning and execution.
- Analyze, design, develop and debug existing and new programs to support the customization of the Enterprise PLM, PDM and Engineering tools.
- Proactively engage engineering groups to learn what they do; what Is important to them; the challenges that confront them.
- Write and maintain documents to describe application development logic, testing, changes and concerns.
- Review of technical design documents in line to requirements, build, test plans and related development aspects.
- Execute the production support configuration, setup, maintenance, customizations, and enhancements of engineering application to Oceaneering specifications.
- Understand existing technical capabilities, both internal and externally available, and use this knowledge to propose solutions that compliment OII processes and environments.
- Execute activities to deliver the right solution, at the right time and at the right price by following project and change management methodologies and processes.
- Focus on technologies that lower processing costs to enable faster, high-quality decisions, and streamline engineering and design execution by enabling end to end integrations throughout the value chain and reducing cycle time.
- Proactively propose "best practices" and standards to correct and improve business processes as related to available tools and applications.
- Participate in functional group and project meetings and interact and work with other team members cross-departmentally.
- Be an active participant and lead high performing teams, demonstrate accountability for assignments and deliverables, and adhere to high performance standards.
- Mentor, guide, and train other engineering support personnel specific to the best use and support of engineering and data managements tools, applications, and functions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering or other equivalent education and experience
- Minimum six (6) years of progressive experience in engineering tools, applications, and processes. Energy services industry experience beneficial.
- Strong solution and hands on experience with Enovia 3DExperience PLM applications & Customization, CAD Integrations & engineering suites.
- Experience with the V6R2019x or higher version of the 3DS/eMatrix/Enovia Central applications and the associated development environment (MQL, ADK, AEF, Designer Central, etc.)
- Experience with configuration & support of EPDM, Solidworks, ANSYS, Autodesk suites and applications.
- Experience with extracting, loading, and synchronizing legacy data, cleanup activities
- Experience in using Linux, Microsoft operating systems, scripts and usage of CAD and ERP Integrations.
- Proficient in the use of project management software and Peoplesoft applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.