Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide engineering development and support on the subsea projects. This support will be for the subsea distribution and connection hardware.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform conceptual design work, engineering calculations, and interpret analysis results.
- Prepare and check manufacturing drawings.
- Write and/or review technical proposals, equipment evaluations and sourcing.
- Interface with customers and other project managers (both internal & external) and provide engineering status and progress reports.
- Prepare technical procedures (i.e. factory acceptance test, load test procedure, etc.) and technical specifications (i.e. scope of supply, master document list, design specification, etc.)
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, applicable standards (ISO, API and ANSI), contract requirements and related specifications.
- Ensure all designs are of compatible materials and components taking into consideration environmental requirements.
- Perform design reviews and presentations with internal and external customers.
- Allocate assignments of various portions of a project to Designers/Drafters or Technicians.
- Conduct product testing and offshore field operations of hardware (as needed).
- Effectively work and complete assignments in group settings. Works cooperatively with others to achieve common goals
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering (or related engineering discipline)
- Minimum 3 years of engineering experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Solidworks and Enovia or similar Product Life Management (PLM) system
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Engineering Fundamentals, including structures, pressure vessel design and stress calculations
- Working Knowledge of Primavera, AutoCad, MathCad
- Hydraulic design, including understanding subsea pressure/flow
- Mechanical design, including materials selection, weldment design, structural design, mechanisms design, design for machining/assembly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.