Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Panama City, Florida, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Perform machine set-up, operation and tear-down of equipment used to manufacture and assemble subsea umbilicals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate, set up and tear down production machinery in accordance with established procedures and guidelines under immediate supervision of a certified operator used in manufacture and assembly of subsea umbilicals.
- Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks according to specifications, accurately and in a timely fashion. Assists with the machine/s set-up and operation .
- Monitor the quality of product as being produced and notify supervisor or other operators when problems are spotted. Understand the quality policy and be able to identify a quality product from an unacceptable one.
- Understand work center training and safety requirements through JSEA's, Process Maps, and Work Instructions.
- Complete production documentation and Pre-Assessments of work center as required.
- Maintain knowledge of company maintenance procedures, assist with daily maintenance checks and activities for work center as required.
- Maintain cleanliness of machines and surrounding workplace.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures that apply to a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) to access work area.
- Requires abililty to work 8 hour shifts at 7:00am-3:00pm, or 11:00pm-7:30am, with possibiity to work more than 40 hrous a week when needed.
- Possesses basic knowledge of computers
- Abiili ty to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- 1-2 years working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate. Ensures that others involved in a jroject or effort are kept informed about developments, modifications and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
This position is considered SHOP WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
Lift 20-50 pounds
Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
Identify color differences
Wear PPE for skin protection
Lift 10-25 pounds
Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
Operate motorized vehicles and equipment
Lift up to 10 pounds
Wear PPE protection for body, vision, hard hat and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.