Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Actively lead field/offshore operations with fellow rope access technicians. Responsible for safety management, work site organization, and where applicable, supervisory roles and responsibilities and providing leadership to work crews on various projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspect offshore structures, vessels, and pipelines for appurtenances in conformance to specifications, using fixed or preset measuring instruments.
- Examine materials or products for anomalies, damage, or defects such as cracks, pits, incomplete welds, holes, dents, excessive corrosion, etc.
- Communicate and coordinate with Oceaneering project/operation managers and customers to maintain consistent workflow and customer satisfaction.
- Take cathodic potential (CP) readings using a "drop-cell" technique.
- Make appropriate drawings and sketches to supplement written data.
- Manage the inspection and replacement of equipment, as well as other logistical tasks associated with maintaining a sound state of readiness.
- Travel out-of-town or overseas, when needed, sometimes with short notice.
- Provide or arrange on-the-job training, mentoring and assessment of team members while offshore.
- Serve as a Level III Rope Access Supervisor and carry out project management, while working offshore.
- Adhere to all OII global Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), SPRAT & IRATA guidelines, and Global RA Manager's (SME) instructions.
- Prepare necessary reports regarding project.
- Promote and strive for safety excellence at all times.
- Take an active role in supporting the safety, quality and regulatory processes
- Ability to work in a team environment
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with rope access
- Must hold SPRAT Level III certification
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET)
- Safe Gulf Training
- Valid passport
- Must have ability to meet company certification standards.
- Complete knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience with Inspection and/or non-destructive testing (NDT)
- ASNT Level II certifications
- Petzl - PPE Training & Inspection Certification
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Occasional working within confined spaces.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Technician COVID Vaccine Requirement:
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, the majority of Oceaneering's offshore clients are requiring that all individuals working on their rigs and vessels be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for offshore positions at Oceaneering. All applicants selected for offshore positions will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.