Skills: Galleyhand, Catering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Assist the cook with various tasks while maintaining a clean, sanitized work station, as well as, other cleaning tasks as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Order groceries and prepares meals to serve to crew on vessels.
- Plans a menu, taking advantage of foods in season, available locally, and cost efficient.
- Supervises catering and galley staffs and its operation for all food preparation.
- Carries out duties as directed by Captain during emergency drills.
- Maintain accurate records of all stocks and usage.
- Ensures that all work areas under his jurisdiction comply with all industry accepted guidelines and relevant regulations, maintaining sanitation, health, and safety standards in work area.
- Ensures sufficient food stocks are maintained onboard the vessel.
- Washes pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other cooking equipment.
- Operates large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of groceries
- Ensure that the refrigeration equipment is kept at the correct temperature for the provisions stored in them
- This position has no supervisory responsibilties.
- Two (2) years minimum cooking experiences with one year of experience onboard an offshore vessel.
- Merchant Mariner's Credential (Z-card).
- Valid Driver's License.
- Valid TWIC card.
- Must be creative in planning menus.
- Supervisory experience helpful.
- Knowledge of meal preparation, including baking and ordering food supplies for large crews.
- Knowledge of industrial galley equipment.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Vocational training.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Technician COVID Vaccine Requirement:
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, the majority of Oceaneering's offshore clients are requiring that all individuals working on their rigs and vessels be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for offshore positions at Oceaneering. All applicants selected for offshore positions will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.