Skills: Commercial Management, Geoscientist
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Flexible Work Location (Houston/Lafayette) - to provide commercial support to Oceaneerings Offshore Projects Group (OPG) and Subsea Robotics (SSR) Business Groups. In collaboration with the Tender Supervisor and with oversight from the Commercial Lead, the Commercial Coordinator is responsible for preparing quotes and tenders, reviewing basic contractual documents, organizing and facilitating commercial risk assessments when warranted, providing advice on established contracts, interfacing between a number of support functions including Operations, Pricing, Business Development, Legal, Tax, Compliance, Contracts, HSE and QA in support of facilitating the overall bidding process through to completion.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Log commercial inquiries and distribute as necessary
- Prepare bid cost spreadsheets, price quotations, commercial risk assessments, bid reviews and formal proposals as required
- Compile tender and pre-qualification documents in order to meet deadlines as required
- Prepare standard OPG / SSR quotes daily and route for approval in line with defined commercial processes
- Review basic contractual documents (PO's, Work Orders, Service Orders) from a contractual and commercial perspective to ensure compliance with company policies and practices
- Negotiate anomalies and exceptions within basic contractual documents with clients (e.g. resolve entity issues, applicable contractual terms and conditions, delivery dates, quantity and pricing issues)
- Coordinate the internal inputs into tenders and obtain appropriate advice to ensure a timely and compliant response (e.g. Engineering, SCM, tax, legal, contracts, compliance, HSE, QA etc, as appropriate)
- Communicate with external and internal clients as well as OII vendors for the purposes of gathering feedback and associated monitoring and filing
- Update commercial department databases as required
- Provide guidance on contractual obligations to ensure work is performed/delivered in accordance with agreed Terms
- Prepare requests for contractual deviations and amendments in line with changing requirements
- Prepare handover documents to other departments
- Assist with maintaining department filing systems as required
- Communicate (both written and verbally) at a high quality level in English
- Provide general assistance to the Commercial Department as required
- Check completeness of department filing systems and communicate discrepancies
- Compile and update standard boilerplate and other related commercial material
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 - 2 years experience working within a commercial environment and or similar work experience
- 1 - 2 years experience with tender processes and the preparation of quotes and or similar work experience
- Experience with full life cycle of the tender process and the preparation of quotes
- Familiarity / previous work experience with offshore geophysical and geotechnical survey services, Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUV's) and vessel based towed sensors for subsea data acquisition supporting the offshore Oil and Gas Industry.
- Familiarity with Oil and Gas Industry Contracts
- Familiarity with offshore Survey & Positioning operations, both subsea and surface, supporting the offshore Oil and Gas Industry
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.