Skills: Financial Analyst
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Would you like to take ownership for the future of our Investment Playbook?
Do you enjoy using data and analytics to discover and share insights?
Be part of a calculating Finance Team
Our Finance Team provides support and insight for the business through planning, analyzing and reporting. We use extensive data to aid important decision making that impacts our global organization and to identify areas for improvement. Our team innovates through digitization to constantly improve the value we provide.
Partner with the best
As a Financial Analyst you will provide financial planning, analysis and reporting for a variety of areas within our organization. You will define key reporting metrics to analyze and propose improvements. You will have ownership of creating and identifying emerging opportunities for our OFE investment playbook and managing risks.
As a Finance Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Developing analytics, cost management and delivery for our Engineering cost pools and Investment into New Technologies (R&D)
- Developing an engineering framework and KPIs to apply and implement across our OFE product companies
- Preparing and consolidating monthly and quarterly reporting on financials performance and KPIs to share with senior leadership
- Collaborating with external product companies on key initiatives to reduce cost on engineering spend and identify efficiencies
- Taking ownership of our Investments, Capital Expenditure and R&D, to support our Financial Planning both short and long-cycle.
- Partnering with our accounting team to streamline processes, guidelines and policy frameworks to ensure accuracy and timely accounts
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have significant experience of Financial Analysis with a tertiary background in FP&A Operations
- Have experience in data analysis including extraction from various data sources the ability to summarize data into conclusions
- Be able to define and build metrics, perform business analysis and quantify decisions through data utilization
- Have great verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build collaborative relationships with teams and customers
- Have experience of leading or working with teams to deliver successful projects and initiatives
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task effectively and balance priorities in an ever changing, fast-moving, time-sensitive environment
- Be a good team player, enjoy collaborating and solving problems with others
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input.
Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.