Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Subsea Pipeline Engineer based in Abu Dhabi office for a permanent contract.
The Lead Engineer shall be acting as a member of a technical team to provide subsea pipeline expertise and develop technical capability and a member of project teams to undertake assigned tasks.
- Ensure technical compliance, accuracy, quality and execution of all aspects of offshore pipeline design at conceptual, FEED and EPC / PMC level
- Lead assigned engineers to provide the full range of pipeline services required in oil and gas projects at conceptual FEED and EPC / PMC level
- Carry out, review, approve and/or supervise study and design work.
- Provide assistance to other disciplines and participate in review meetings, in accordance with Project requirements.
- Develop, review, and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations and deliverables such as tie-in spool and riser design, route selection, wall thickness design, on-bottom stability, spans analysis, pipeline expansion, on-bottom roughness, global buckling and cathodic protection design.
- Review and audit activity on projects and support internal development and continuous improvement activities as required.
- Support and perform appraisal activities within the group.
- Provide technical expertise and support to business development activities and proposal preparations.
- Review contracts, identify and understand Scope of Work & Gaps; Advise on corrective measures accordingly.
- Managing internal & external interfaces (Client, Inter-departmental, Engineering-Subcontractor & Vendors)
- Identification of gap/conflicts amongst various project information, specifications/drawings & recommend corrective measures to ensure design integrity.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
Skills / Qualifications
Service Line Leader - Offshore/Subsea
Offshore/Subsea Pipeline Engineers
- Projects Team
- Minimum BSc Degree in Engineering but MSc degree desirable.
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience in subsea pipeline design.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Proven track record in a conceptual environment as well as FEED and detailed design experience
- Familiar with the relevant International standards and Codes of Practice and competent in the design, specification and selection of pipeline systems to meet the requirements
- Knowledge of finite element modelling in 2D, 3D (desirable) and f amiliarity with Abaqus software
- Knowledge of pipeline installation techniques.
- Knowledge of pipeline materials, insulation methods, composite pipe types.
- Have held a similar position in pipeline consultancy companies
- Be seen as a technical expert in their field and will be able to coach and mentor others to similar levels of technical expertise.
- Previous experience in lifetime extension projects.
- Must be able to think conceptually, develop strategies to enhance pipeline and offshore expertise, the vision required to develop a group of pipeline experts and have broad industry knowledge.
- Be willing, able to 'do' as well as 'sell' and lead small teams being a convincing and fluent communicator.
- An individual with strong drive and vision.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.