Skills: Technical Manager
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Eni New Energy Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Advisor - Renewables in Perth, Western Australia . You will be providing technical support to all activities in the renewables space, from projects under construction or in commercial operations to the evaluation of new business opportunities, in line with the Company objectives.
About Eni in Australia
Eni are well established in Australia and are active in both the Renewables and Oil & Gas sectors . In Renewables, Eni have invested in three solar farms nearing commercial operations in the Northern Territory (45 MW AC in total) and are targeting significant further developments on the NEM and the WEM.
As a member of Eni New Energy Australia you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical support in the construction and commissioning stages of renewable plants, particularly in respect of issues pertaining to grid connection, dispatching, ancillary services and plant performance against contract requirements
- Providing technical support related to the integration between renewable power plant, battery energy storage system, production optimisation and grid codes requirements.
- Providing technical support in the evaluation of new business opportunities, including technical due diligence of third-party projects.
- Preparing detailed technical reports
- Principal engineering and operations technical support
- Liaising with main technical stakeholders, internal and external
- Following regulatory frameworks evolutions, prepare submissions to relevant public/industry consultation papers that are technical in nature
- Monitoring industry developments
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- Strong expertise in the Australian energy sector, with reference to electricity generation, transmission and distribution sector, with a special focus on renewables generation and electricity networks.
- Experience in the operations of electricity networks, experience in managing grid control rooms is a plus
- Experience in electrical storage systems design, integration, and operation
- Thorough understanding of permitting & authorisation process for power sector
- Good knowledge of main government bodies in the renewable space
- Strong written communication skills to be able to prepare high level documents and presentations with minimal supervision
- Project Management skills, solid technical understanding of the renewables business.
- Understanding of the Australian electricity system regulations
- Ability to work unsupervised/autonomously, combined with the flexibility to demonstrate strong team supervision, participation, and co-ordination ability.
- Loyal and trustworthy individual, dedicated to achieving the best results for the business
- Bachelor's degree with relevant majors
Perth, Western Australia
Permanent, Eni Perth office is main place of work. Some travel required.
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.