Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an Exploration Technical Advisor to join the Strategic Planning and Optimization Team.
The role of the Exploration Technical Advisor is to perform independent technical evaluation of Exploration's pre-drill opportunities, assign risk, and complete volumetric assessments including frontier and mature area potential. In addition, the candidate will assess all post-drill outcomes and assist in cascading these learnings throughout the Exploration Organization. The candidate will also assist in maintaining an up-to-date exploration portfolio, performing data analytics and assessments to support the Company's decision-making process for prospect ranking and drilling. This includes rationalization of prospective resources and analyzing prospective resource gaps.
You will be required to perform the following:
- Participate in technical presentations for exploration leads and prospects.
- Participate in prospect and well approval meetings, providing technical insight to senior management as required.
- Complete independent prospect assessments, comprising risking, determination of volumetric input parameter distributions, volumetric modeling, identifying key requirements to support prospect generation and opportunity maturation, and constructing technical report summaries of the opportunities.
- Attend post-drilling assessment reviews, identify failure mechanisms and assist in the technical writing of summary reports capturing key learnings along with performance benchmarking.
- Sharing lessons learned along with path forward recommendations.
- Assist in exploration portfolio management, portfolio data analytics, prospect inventory ranking and drilling selection to guide internal decision-making and to benchmark performance.
- Provide mentoring and technical assistance to junior professionals of the team; proactive engagement with the prospect generators through technical peer assists; knowledge transfer of the team's methodology and results to the exploration organization and senior management.
- Minimum Requirements
A successful candidate will have the following:
- Holds a bachelor degree, or higher, in Geology. Post-graduate study in a specialized discipline of Geology, a related science or other extended special training is desirable.
- 20 years of full-cycle exploration experience including prospect generation, evaluation through drilling, post-drilling appraisal and a track record of adding value is needed.
- Extensive experience in seismic interpretations of both carbonate and clastic depositional systems, risk and volumetric assessments, subsurface technical assurance and portfolio management.
- English language fluency with the capability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.