Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Planner to join our Project Management team (PMT). Saudi Aramco Project Management Teams are responsible and accountable for the delivery of best in class capital projects. PMT is directly involved in executing and managing assigned projects safely, on schedule, within budget and to the highest standards of integrity and compliance. This will involve engineering design, procurement and construction of various sizes ($), types and complexity of small, medium to multi-billion-dollar mega projects.
Project Management Team manages and executes projects usually from multiple site offices or engineering contractor design offices, geographically scattered throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The Senior Planner primary role is to develop, review, and analyze Levels I, II, III, IV, and V schedules. Conduct field site visits and write a report that includes the current status of the project, key findings, misalignments between actual and reported progress, and recommendation to be implemented in the field to enhance the current schedule reporting mechanism in the field.
You will be required to perform the following:
- Lead department/division schedulers/planners and provide guidance on all scheduling/planning aspects.
- Develop/review capital projects schedules (all levels) and ensure appropriate resource assignment
- Develop/review schedule basis documents with sound scheduling principles for all required schedules.
- Have mastery knowledge of international scheduling principles, best practices, and methods.
- Track and control project progress based on the schedules.
- Compare actual vs. planned progress in project and develop/review required recovery plans.
- Perform variance & trend analysis on projects as required to ensure potential delays are identified and addressed in a timely manner.
- Review contractor schedules and monitor weekly, monthly progress.
- Align different contract schedules were there are interfacing projects.
- Evaluate project interdependencies and ensure they are clearly identified at early stages of the project and consciously updated.
- Prepare progress reports for all projects and highlight areas of improvement.
- Share expertise and mentor junior schedulers to improve their competency to reach mastery level.
- Coordinate with PMO to ensure timely approvals of project/program schedules
- Get fully familiar with company KPIs and ensure they are met for all projects under department/division
- Advise the execution teams of actions needed to ensure the KPIs are met well ahead of time through trend analysis and productivity analysis
- EDUCATION: B.S. in Engineering discipline, obtained scheduling accreditations and certifications. Higher degree is preferred.
- OVERALL EXPERIENCE: twenty (20) years of experience related to refining and the petrochemical industries in project controls specifically in planning & scheduling, such that the incumbent is clearly recognized as an expert in this field.
- FIELD EXPERIENCE: ten (10) years of field experience including construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup, and operation.
- LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written) and no second language is required.
- OTHER: Must have Design & Construction phase scheduling experience with a thorough knowledge of engineering practices and scheduling principles.
- OTHER: have mastery capabilities in Primavera (P6) and an excellent command of Microsoft Office.
- OTHER: have mastery capabilities/understanding in all types of schedule analysis including time impact, trend, variance analysis etc.
- OTHER: Flexible to work in multinational teams and mobilize to different locations including remote areas as needed.
- Working environment
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.