Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Piping Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Piping Engineer to join our Project Management team (PMT). Saudi Aramco PMTs are directly responsible and accountable for the delivery of best in class capital projects assigned to department. PMT is directly involved in executing and managing assigned projects safely, on schedule, within budget and to the highest standards of integrity and compliance. This will involve engineering design, procurement and construction of various sizes, types and complexity of small, medium to multibillion-dollar mega-projects.
Responsible for project development and completion: Preliminary engineering to detail designs to construction and the final and safe turnover to proponent in compliance with the project contract requirements, and company standards and procedures.
• Design development of project proposal, include definition of project work scope and schedule requirements. Development of detailed estimate leading to funding appropriation and approval.
• Participate in HAZOP Studies, FEED review and Detailed Engineering.
• Manage contractor preparation of detailed design drawings, material specifications and procurement, and/or construction bid packages.
• Provide input to develop and prepare contracting plan and strategy for solicitation, evaluation, and award of contract for detail engineering, procurement, and construction.
• Coordinate activities and resolve issues among proponents, contractors, and other parties to allow construction activities to progress according to plan.
• Review project schedule, and coordinate and monitor assigned project's progress.
• Review and resolve day to day contractors' claims during construction.
• Fully understand contract documents (inclusive of appendices, drawings, and specifications), project execution plan, interface management, change management, and construction sequencing.
• Use of company systems and tools, e.g., CRM, and SAP.
• Resolve project management problems related to your area of expertise, including project planning deficiencies, project quality defects, schedule slippages, and potential cost over runs.
• Analyze schedules and budgets.
• Develop and apply piping material classes based on project requirements.
• Specify insulation, paint, and protective coatings, manual valves and piping specialty items.
• Create and maintain internal specifications, work instructions, and job aids
• Work closely with project engineers and other project professionals to provide work direction and guidance.
• Participate in the reviews and evaluation of the capabilities of Engineering & Construction contractors, suppliers, and project management related service providers.
Holding a bachelor's degree in Engineering from a recognized university; a higher degree is preferred. Ideally a Professional Registered Engineer.
• 7 years of related experience, preferably in the oil industry or similar process industry working in the engineering design and construction phase of projects.
• Experience in the support of both small- and large-scale capital projects.
• Familiar with International Engineering Codes and Standards.
• Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
• Dynamic attitude towards project improvements and savings.
• PMP Certification is desirable but not mandatory.
• Work experience in the GCC, Saudi Arabia, or Saudi Aramco is a plus.
• Familiarity with Saudi Aramco standards preferred.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of best engineering practices, solid industry codes and standards background (ASME, API, NACE, ASTM, ISO) and use of engineering software.
• Plan & Organize
• Analyse & Solve problems
• Influence others
• Communicating openly & effectively
• Incorporate Technical Knowledge
Title : Fundamental of Engineers (FE)
Req./Pref. : Preferred
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.