Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Designer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Draft P&ID drawings in SPPID, AVEVA, COMOS, AutoCAD and Micro station platforms in scheduled time, meeting quality standard
- Soft check the drawings in all the above three platforms in scheduled time meeting quality standard
- Hard check the drawings in all the above three platforms in scheduled time meeting quality standard
- Help Principal Designer in organizing the drafting work, printing, distributing, data recording, documentation control, etc.
- Liaise with the SPP&ID Administrator for symbol requests and database changes as required
- Challenge inconsistencies on mark-ups. Raise queries with respective project engineer
- Draft in accordance with project standard
- Ensure understanding and adopting to the project designer quality plan
- Cascade the information to all the designers If any designer finds any short cut method on drafting
- Review the check list periodically and amend
- Monitor quality of mark-ups (for ease of understanding by designers) and give feedback
Skills / Qualifications
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in Engineering Design
- Has the ability to check engineering design deliverables in a multi-discipline task force based engineering design environment (Desirable)
- Experience in FEED or EPC engineering design in Project execution (Desirable)
- Proven expertise in AVEVA, SPPID / AUTOCAD and MICROSTATION
- Trade Certificate of Industrial Training Institute
- Diploma in Chemical / Mechanical Engineering (Desirable)
- Preferred industry: Refinery / Petrochemical / Chemical / Oil & Gas / Power / Mineral and Metal
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.