Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance Engineer, Plant Operations Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Grangemouth, Scotland, United Kingdom
At Eni, we are looking for a Supervisor Mechanical Jobs/Plant Engineer within Versalis UK in Grangemouth. You will be responsible for assisting the Inspections department with preparation of all plant equipment for statutory inspections, ensuring vessels are isolated, opened, cleaned and all mechanical disconnections/isolations are put in place.
As a member of the Maintenance Team at Versalis UK you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the plant engineer / reliability engineer in the root cause analysis of failures - failure mechanisms.
- Following, as originator, the execution of planned / unplanned jobs assigned to contractors and Versalis's fitters,
- Originates permits, including: correcting isolation /lock off of electrical equipment, excavation permit work, confined space permit work, working at height, hot work permit . This includes ensuring that suitable RAMS are available- in discussion with performing authorities, in accordance with Management of Health & Safety at work act, and "plant Engineering Procedures", as per Versalis ENI written instructions
- monitor progress of work, assisting and implementing corrective actions as required and closure of work activities, including removal of trade lock off padlocks and correct handover procedures.
- Reviewing written risk assessments in accordance with Management of Health & Safety at work act, and "plant Engineering Procedures", as per Versalis ENI written instructions
- Management of confined space, ensuring all vessel release procedures and precautions are in place prior to signing on work permits, to always ensure personnel safety.
- Reviewing lifting plan and be able to be a supervisor for lifting operations
- Awareness of painting/insulation/fire proofing management
- Use of electronic maintenance system, SAP to generate / manage notifications/work orders
- Assisting in creating weekly plan to coordinate resources required, for routine work as line above and any other tasks requested
- Carrying out all maintenance work to the desired standards and allocated time scales. Resource unplanned work requests, eg from production or breakdowns
- Ensuring, for the given domain, the technical analysis and the cost evaluation for requested interventions and assistance delivered by the Production Unit, granting the proper Job detailed description.
- Grant the Entry Service certifications assessing the consistency between the required and the delivered services and the required supporting technical documents
- Providing a maintenance function to the process department, carrying out repairs to all mechanical plant and equipment to minimise down time and loss of production.
- Reacting to unplanned plant failures, by assessing the failures and failure mechanisms, implementing repair strategies to return to service in the safest and efficient manner. This will require an aptitude to work under pressure, come up with logical solutions and leadership qualities to encourage others to assist at short notice.
- Reviewing efficiencies and eliminate waste of time/resources within the manufacturing process to deliver high quality products/components to clearly defined standards
- Assisting in the selection and management of critical spares, through sourcing of information, selection of spares, three quote tendering process and request for spares through material master and SAP.
- Covering the role of originator for permit works for mechanical/lifting activities/jetting/scaffolding/civil activities , both for contractors both for Versalis fitters.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- Minimum mechanical / industrial PDA-professional development awards- (level 6 of Scottish credit and qualification framework), preferable mechanical HNC (level 7 of Scottish credit and qualification framework), previous industrial experience (COMAH, chemical, Pharmaceutical, Gas and Oil etc sites), as Supervisory experience under permit to work procedure.
- The ideal candidate will be familiar and experienced in the following: LOLER regulations, even better if experience as Appointed Persons certification.
- A good understanding of PUWER and COSHH regulations, ideally with a Health and safety qualification, NEBOSH/IOSH or equivalent.
- Operating a permit to work system, including isolation and lock off procedures, LOLER regulations, confined space, working at height.
- Understand PSSR regulations and Hydraulic pressure testing procedures.
- Having knowledge of rotating equipment in an industrial environment, laser alignment systems and mechanical seals would be advantageous to this role.
- Understand ASBESTOS management
- Possess of good people skills, with experience of managing contractors and guiding as well as getting on with
- Use assertiveness if necessary to support the colleagues.
- Have worked on major outages, plant shutdowns (TAR's), and be good at managing stressful situations.
- Computer literate with Word, Excel, Microsoft project, SAP (Experience of CMMS).
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.