Skills: Design Engineer, Drafting
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Process Designer/Checker for our Mining & Minerals office in Bryanston.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- To provide support on execution projects as a drawing checker
- Review engineering mark-ups, drawing layouts, updated drawings
- To produce project related process diagrams when required
- Complete all administrational functions related to function
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Perform drawing checking responsibilities on P&IDs inline with ISO standards
- Production of diagrams for process discipline in relevant department design packages
- Produce electronic and hardcopy diagrams and related data files if required
- Work in conjunction with multi-disciplinary engineers / designers
- Adherence to company / department standards and procedures
- Work overtime from time to time as per project requirement
- Perform validation checks on all diagrams, databases and lists/reports generated
- Assist with training of peers/new designers, if and when requested by the Section Lead
- Assist with uphold of standards, procedures and any relevant documentation, if and when requested by the Section Lead/Senior Process Designer.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years Process Design experience with experience on FEED and execution projects
- Proficient in AutoCad/ office working environment systems (Teams/Sharepoint/Excel/Word)
- Proficiency with AVEVA P&ID or intelligent P&ID software
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Understanding of the composition and purpose of process drawings and associated documentation.
- Well developed computer skills with keen knowledge of related drafting software packages including AutoCad, relational databases and excel spreadsheets.
- Good communication skills.
- Methodical approach to allocated work areas.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have an amicable attitude.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.