Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting a Process Engineer with relevant d esign expertise in Brownfields Oil & Gas projects to join our global Operations business. This is a long-term opportunity based in our Perth office.
Reporting directly to the Process Engineering Lead and working collaboratively across disciplines on FEED / Execution to EPCM delivery, you will support Wood's Brownfields Oil & Gas business across Western Australia, the Northern Territory, Kazakhstan, and Sakhalin.
Position Specifics and Deliverables:
- Process engineering services to the client, ranging from conceptual, front-end, detailed design, as built and close-out activities for timely delivery of project deliverables according to approved schedules
- Completing a variety of complex process engineering computations, HYSYS simulation (steady & dynamic) modelling
- Preparing P&ID's, PFD's, heat and material balances, instruments and equipment data sheets, utilities and chemical summaries
- Performing hydraulics and overpressure/blowdown calculations and participates in safety reviews
- Hands-on approach to engineering problem solving and commissioning experience of offshore and/or drilling systems will be an advantage
Join us in the heart of Perth's CBD at Dexus Place - 240 St Georges Terrace, free 24/7 access to an exclusive onsite gym, superb end of trip facilities, coffee machines serving on demand and plenty of spaces to get creative. In addition, you will have access to remote and flexible working options, purchased annual leave and employee discount programs.
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
Skills / Qualifications
You must be an Australian citizen or hold Permanent Residency (PR) and be able to work lawfully in Australia to be considered for this opportunity.
You will be s uitably qualified in Chemical Engineering from a recognised institution and have:
- A minimum of 3 years design engineering related experience within the Oil & Gas production industry
- An ability to apply the relevant theories, codes and standards appropriate to process discipline
- An ability to manage risk during the design process consistent with technical and commercial requirements
- Excellent analytical, numerical and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Be prepared to undertake site visits either onshore / offshore
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
- A "solutions mindset" and able to manage varying tasks with often changing and competing priorities
- Experienced in the participation of HAZOP, HAZID and SIL rating studies - essential
- Familiar with HYSYS, Dynamic HYSYS - preferred
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrow's solutions to the world's most critical challenges. Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
If you are a Process Engineer, this role offers you an opportunity to progress and thrive as part of an established Process team while working within a global Engineering organisation.
Shortlisting will commence immediately after.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.