Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Procurement Manager for our Houston, TX Office. Candidates will be expected to work out of our Houston (Park Ten) campus without relocation assistance or per diem.
This role is to lead and manage the Procurement function on large EPC projects, directly responsible for Purchasing, Expediting, and coordination of the Transportation & Logistics, and Supplier Quality Inspection activities.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Responsible for the execution of project procurement operations and coordination of interface activities with other project team members in accordance with applicable company and project requirements, systems, procedures, budgets, and schedules.
Basic understanding of the client's head contract requirements including Wood responsibilities and the subsequent development of the project contracting strategies. Has working knowledge of commercial terms and conditions, interfaces with Wood legal/commercial experts, and can initiate/discuss exceptions to reach a robust commercial agreement.
Reports progress of all activities for which they are personally responsible. Update reports/systems with required information to allow accurate reporting and highlights any critical issues and risks to direct supervision.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of all supply chain activities for the area they are responsible for.
- Provides guidance, direction, and support to the reporting personnel in delivery of their specific responsibilities.
- Provides guidance, direction, and support to all relevant stakeholders on both Woods and the suppliers specific contractual obligations and responsibilities.
- Establish and manage the project / procurement status report (PSR) in line with project / client required on site dates and current / estimate lead times, notifying any delays to the project manager.
- Establish and chair regular PSR meetings with client, procurement, engineering and/or project management personnel to ensure dates for pre-order deliverables are being maintained.
- Establishes priorities, assigns workloads, and reviews the more difficult and complex aspects of the supply chain workload.
- Carry out Supplier performance reviews and ongoing management ensuring corrective actions are taken where required.
- Ensure that all statutory and legal requirements and procedures are complied with and all actions are fully auditable.
- Ensures that supply chain team have a clear understanding of their role, supply chain processes and procedures and provides guidance, direction, and support.
- Act as a role model and champion Woods vision, values, and behaviors.
- Act as a role model to embed the Financial Management Framework across the business.
- Implement robust performance management and development plans for the team, ensuring any gaps are addressed and development and succession planning is managed effectively.
- Delivery against internal and external in year savings targets as per business plan.
- Implementation of global/regional/country initiatives as per business plans.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Experience in executing EPC projects with local and remote resources, and utilization of global low-cost execution centers.
- Familiarity of Category Management, Master Agreements, and Standardization.
- Experience in executing projects utilizing robust material management ERP systems such as AVEVA, SmartPlant, and SAP.
- Experience in negotiating complex terms and conditions and establishing commercial strategies.
- Successful history of leading and executing large complex EPC projects ($500 million USD+ materials & equipment spend), in a Project Procurement Manager capacity
- Experience with managing purchasing teams for a large volume of material and equipment purchase orders (200+ orders), and familiarity with field purchasing for indirect materials and services.
- Strong understanding of the Transportation & Logistics, and Supplier Quality Inspection functions.
- Ability to travel domestically and globally as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years' Procurement experience demonstrating results and progression to a similar position.
- Detailed understanding of key contracting procurement concepts, principles, and terms and conditions.
- Basic knowledge of commercial position imposed by Head Contracts.
- Ability to undertake complex commercial evaluations and negotiations.
- Familiarity with industry Supply Chain principles and techniques.
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation
- High degree of initiative
- Maintains a strong network both within and outside of supply chain department
- Positively maintains relationships with subcontractors, clients and other disciplines
- Planning and organizational skills
- Enthusiastic proactive attitude
- Analytical, with strong problem-solving skills
- Work as part of project execution team
- Identify efficiency, process and tool improvement opportunities and successful drive through change
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.