Skills: Waste Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Wood has an opportunity for a Water/Wastewater Engineer-in-Training to join and support our Mountain Region Design Center in Phoenix, AZ that supports both municipal, private and industrial projects in Arizona, mountain region, and across the country. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you, and we encourage you to apply.
Wood is committed to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Provide basic engineering services in support of planning, studies, analysis, and design of water treatment and distribution systems, wastewater collection and treatment systems, pump/lift stations, wells, chemical feed systems, and storage reservoirs
- Create detailed designs of water and wastewater infrastructure systems under instruction from the Project Engineer
- Work with multi-discipline engineering teams and coordinate design tasks with discipline leads.
- Setup and perform hydraulic modeling for water and sewer systems
- Work with CAD designers to prepare plans/drawings for water and wastewater infrastructure systems using industry-standard design platforms, such as AutoCAD, Civil3D, Revit, etc. Ability to use CAD software is considered a plus
- Check design computations and quantity estimates
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects
- Occasional field work and travel to project sites may be required
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering or other related engineering degree. MS degree is a plus
- Engineer-in-Training certification or in process
- 0 to 3 + years relevant experience
- Applicant must possess strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously
- Applicant must possess excellent, clear and concise, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, hardworking, and intent on doing great work
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally to project sites
- Must pass drug test, background check, physical and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.