Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Architect to be based in Reading on a contract basis. We work on a variety of projects including carbon capture, hydrogen power, waste to energy, biofuels, recycling, petrochemical, and oil & gas.
- The architect must have good working knowledge of Mircostation and familiarity with Revit and Bentley Open Buildings
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Wood policies and procedures
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude towards safety, both in design and in the office environment
- Contribute to the group as a discipline technical Specialist as required
- Provide technical and architectural design support to Projects as Lead Architect where required
- Execute assigned work in accordance with Project Execution Plans, applicable Project Procedures and Standards within man - hour and cost budgets and Project schedule target
- Provide design and technical interface to project work with clients, other Departments, suppliers / vendors and consultants
- Coordinate and conduct Technical Audits and Technical reviews on projects as required by Chief Architect
- Review, support and agree project technical and design issues with the Lead Discipline Engineer, including dissemination and implementation of discipline 'best practice' on projects
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified architect with membership of a recognized international architectural professional authority
- Experience in oil and gas / energy transition projects
- Experience of client management and briefing activities
- Good conceptual design abilities
- Sound technical and international building construction knowledge
- Good project management skills within the Architectural discipline
- Understanding and experience in the adoption of 'Green Buildings' principals
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.