Skills: Project Management, Civil Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure has a career opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer with our Phoenix Design Team working in either our Phoenix or Tucson offices.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employees by promoting work/life balance, personal well being and career path development?
This position offers the opportunity to work with an experienced, inclusive, fun and diverse team of engineers. Our client base includes a variety of governmental agencies such as US Air Force, US Fish and Wildlife Service, National Park Service, and a multitude of state and local entities. We also service nationally recognized industrial/commercial clients. In addition to a diverse client base, the position will support a variety of project types including transportation, mining, land development, water/wastewater, and environmental.
We are looking for a project manager who is an energetic, self-motivated, enjoys working with multidisciplinary design teams, and has a desire to foster and develop new client relationships. Candidate must have proven experience in engineering design as well as construction document preparation. Our ideal candidate has existing working relationships/contacts with governmental agencies, architectural and land development firms, as well as local commercial/industrial clients.
This position has room for growth to support a larger network of multidisciplinary design teams throughout the company. The desire/ability to manage multidisciplinary design teams is also an opportunity to advance.
- Support (and potentially manage) multidisciplinary engineering design teams
- Develop business and manage/deliver projects in a team environment
- Prepare design drawings and specification production for site/civil work including grading and earthwork, storm drain systems, sanitary sewer systems, water systems, utility coordination, access roads, site permitting, and other site related tasks
- Prepare design calculations, quantity take-offs, and construction cost estimates
- Mentor and supervise junior staff
- Develop and foster new and existing client relationships
- If Tucson based, must be willing to travel to Phoenix periodically to meet with Phoenix team
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- 10 + years of relevant experience
- Arizona PE license (UT, MT, CO, NV and/or NM are also beneficial)
- Experience with AutoCAD design software, particularly Civil 3D platform
- Proven ability to develop manage/deliver projects in a team environment
- Effective business development skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must pass drug screen and background check
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.