Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Software Development
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Technical: must possess a broad understanding of all aspects of digital technology, with the ability to go deep in areas as needed. These areas include 1) software development (scrum/agile), 2) data analytics, 3) machine learning, 4) cloud computing, 5) cloud architecture, 6) sensors, 7) mathematics and algorithms. Must have experience building scalable applications from concept to commercialization.
- Though this individual's focus will be technical leadership, they may perform development tasks maintaining their development expertise. An individual in this role is expected to remain technically competent in the latest digital technologies, platforms, and approaches.
- Mentoring/Career development: must build career development plans for engineers/scientists with 1-30 yrs. experience. This includes various aspects of performance management such as goal setting, performance appraisals or counseling of employees with behavior or technical performance problems. Assists in interviewing, hiring, and assignment of new personnel. May also be required to manage, mentor, and support other managers of smaller teams.
- Hiring/Recruiting: this role requires strategic leadership around identifying organizational talent gaps, hiring, and recruiting digital talent.
- The role requires management of large technical teams, ranging between 20-100.
- This role will require management of outside consultants.
- Communication: communication is a critical capability in this role. This role serves as a communication conduit for a large team and the broader organization. An individual must be able to communicate up to executive business staff and technical staff. This requires translation of complex digital topics. This role also requires communication out to the team under management. In this communication path an individual must be able to communicate in highly technical terms across all digital disciplines.
- IP: must possess a strong understanding of intellectual property and associated strategies.
- A qualified candidate needs to have a general understanding of the oil and gas industry
- Job role has budgetary type accountabilities or directly impact a revenue center's viability or its quality of service via personal contributions
- May be required to develop and govern technical standards and procedures
- Education: Advanced degree expected
- Experience: 15+ years expected with proven background in multiple digital disciplines
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 123596
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.