Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Liberty, Mississippi, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Automation Technician with a fast-proven record of accomplishments to support operations in Liberty, MS. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more. ***Candidates must live within a 60 mile radius***
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Plan and conduct independent work to coordinate field labor with Automation and SCADA Engineers.
- Implement and maintain remote communications equipment (900Mhz - 5.8Ghz Radios, cell modems, VSAT).
- Monitor SCADA systems or other control systems to determine potential problems with field instruments or hardware.
- Calibrate and verify field instruments to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Assist Automation and SCADA engineers in troubleshooting of systems from the field.
- Provide on-call support to various clients' automation and SCADA systems
Skills / Qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Technical degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Networking, etc. preferred
• 1-2 yrs experience as an automation, instrumentation, or process controls technician
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• Understand P&IDs, electrical processes, and cause & effect matrix.
• Controller Experience: RTU's, EFM's, VFD's, PLC Programming (FisherROC, GE, Idec, ScadaPack, Allen Bradley)
• Instrumentation Experience: Pressure, Flow, Temperature, Level, Actuated Valves, etc.
• Communication Protocols: TCP/IP, RS232 Serial, Modbus, HART
• Radio Communications: Freewave, MDS, Cambium
• Moderate electrical skills: 120VAC, 12-24VDC
• Ability to read and understand blue prints, PFD's, and P&IDs
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to manage time effectively and work efficiently
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.