Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager with extensive experience in the Construction and Remediation industry..
Wood is currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager to manage multi-discipline procurement, material management and subcontracting functions and activities to support large capital projects and proposals. Responsible for supporting the project teams by timely procurement and delivery of appropriate materials, equipment and subcontractors within the forecasted budget.
- Manages the supply chain process for large construction projects, including material and equipment buyout planning and scheduling, supplier identification and vetting, solicitation, evaluation, award, staging, packing, labeling, documentation and insurance, air/ ocean/overland shipping, logistics and freight forwarding, export /import documentation and clearance, expediting, supplier quality surveillance delivery to/receipt on job site and on site material management
- Manages and administers various subcontract types and sizes with an emphasis on critical large-value subcontracts with complex commercial models
- Functionally reports to and coordinate efforts with Senior Supply Chain Manager to ensure consistent and compliant supply chain strategy is implemented.
- Works closely with, subcontracts administrators, expeditors, inspectors, shipping and logistics staff, freight forwarders and technical and commercial support staff, for the supply of necessary materials, equipment and construction services, in accordance with the project's standards, specifications and construction schedule
- Reviews and provides recommendations so that the organization mitigates risk and performs to meet its contractual obligations
- Provides risk analysis for specific purchase orders and subcontracts relative to the potential financial impact
- Ensures procurement and subcontracting policies, procedures, and guidelines with special emphasis on maintaining the highest ethical and professional standards
- Maintains a constant awareness of current and future market conditions that may affect the supply price or delivery of equipment, materials and subcontracted performance
- Participates with responsible parties to ensure that all claims for and against suppliers or subcontractors are settled amicably and without delay
- Interfaces with Project Management, Estimating, Design Integration, Project Delivery, and Project Controls groups to support seamless and effective bidding and execution
- Provides information and counsel to senior management on market trends, commodity cost drivers and cost control and cost savings strategies
- Manages and monitors profiles of supply market and key suppliers (includes both current and potential suppliers)
- Works closely with Project Team to ensure Procurement Initiatives/ Strategic Sourcing Projects/ Teaming Arrangements are in accordance with Company Policies and Best Practices.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Commerce, Supply chain, Construction Management, or Engineering preferred
- 15 plus years Supply Chain management experience in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction Industry
- Solid understanding of domestic and international purchasing and subcontracting
- Solid understanding of construction industry
- Full knowledge and experience in the means, processes and methods needed to successfully construct the materials management program for the project
- Thoroughly familiar with methods of shipping, freight forwarders, carriers and shipping lines, domestic and international port regulations
- Knowledge of price levels, competitive forces, and legislative rulings that affect these sectors of the marketplace
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to prepare and make presentations to project and external groups and stakeholders
- Excellent computer literacy skills and skills in MS Office Suite
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Experience working on international projects
- Project experience working under Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) a plus
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a diverse team environment, juggle multiple assignments and deliver in a targeted timeframe and budget
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; strong interpersonal and technical skills and a professional demeanor
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.