Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our Renewables team based in Glasgow.
The principal responsibility of this post is supporting the delivery of technical tasks such as:
- Technology and supplier assessments for onshore and offshore renewable energy plant and technologies
- Provide technical and commercial support and assessment of Grid connections offers, for distribution and transmission connected plant in UK and overseas
- Provide support in project management of electrical contractors and OEM's
- Assessment of FEED studies, power system studies, grid compliance
- Developing contract and technical requirement specifications for Wind Farms, Solar Plants, BESS and Hybrid plants, procurement and construction contracts
- Evaluation of tenders and negotiation for such contracts
- Inspecting, evaluating and reporting on the completion status and quality of renewable energy sites during construction and operation
- Advising on risk and interface management
- Evaluating and providing input to Basis of Design and Front End Engineering Design studies
- Developing assessment tools to support technical and risk evaluation
- Preparation of high quality technical reports for issue to clients
Other key responsibilities include
- Supporting construction and safety management, and ensuring that contractual requirements are fulfilled through a combination of site presence, inspections and document reviews
- Reviewing electrical engineering aspects of renewable energy technologies
- Completion of work packages to meet quality, time and budgetary objectives
- Interaction with clients within project assignments
- Preparing proposals, cost estimates and commercial terms for projects
Supporting responsibilities of the post will include:
- Witnessing inspections and tests, with occasional site engineer assignments
- Working in accordance with company and project management processes
Skills / Qualifications
- Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution and industry practices.
- SCADA, control and protection systems.
- Evidence of completion of engineering tasks and projects.
- Clear understanding of engineering principles, supported by practical engineering experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language.
- Strong organisational and team working skills.
- Awareness of relevant safety regulations, good practices and engineering standards.
- A flexible and proactive approach to completing work.
- An interest in renewable energy and / or sustainability.
- An appropriate engineering degree.
- Transferable experience from power, offshore, or other relevant industries or involvement in other areas of design, manufacturing, construction or operations.
- Appreciation of commercial aspects of engineering.
- Familiarity with project and safety management processes.
- Knowledge of forms of contract and/or experience in contract negotiations.
- Willingness to travel (UK and worldwide).
- Valid driving licence for use in UK.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.