Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
We are looking for Water Resources Lead for our Carolinas Water Service Line to provide leadership, guidance, and operational excellence across this growing practice focusing on flood resiliency, ecosystem management, floodplain modeling and mapping, general watershed studies, flood mitigation studies, dams, levee systems, streambank stabilization, municipal stormwater studies, and drainage design . This is an opportunity to expand your career as a senior professional and leader with a growing engineering and environmental consulting operation.
Our employees have the opportunity to work on complex and diverse projects with the support and resources of a large international organization. At the same time, each operational team takes pride in maintaining a small family like environment! We have a very comfortable and supportive culture, comprised of knowledgeable and skilled Engineers, Scientists, Chemists, and Data Visualization Specialists. We realize that our people are what make us known in the industry and recognized for delivering high quality and technical excellence. If you want to be a part of a dedicated and brilliant team, we'd love to hear from you!
- Operational leadership for the service line including guiding marketing pursuit strategies, client development, technical delivery, and leading technical professionals while driving accountability and collaboration.
- Lead the Service Line in sales/profit, being externally/client focused, meeting or exceeding budgeted metrics, and resource management, while also ensuring integrity, safety, quality and operational excellence.
- Provide guidance and direction to maximize margins on proposal bids through strategic scoping, high technical scoring, and maximizing rates (multipliers) and other mark-ups on commercial aspects
- Develop and manage proposal efforts, business strategies, and work with internal legal staff to review contract terms and conditions to final approval.
- Maintain high-value relationships with clients in the market; demonstrate excellence in client service/experience
- Responsible for driving accountability in quality standards; utilize tools, training, and challenge team for excellence in quality of work product
- Work effectively with project managers, key technical specialists, and the marketing team as a key leader to deliver quality projects to our clients
- Ensure Project Managers are supported, held accountable and successfully maintain PM status as outlined by Internal PM Program standards
- Lead selected projects within his/her technical area of expertise
- Engage in public outreach, marketing and client communication.
- Manage recruitment needs and demonstrate strategic thinking for staffing; actively participate in recruiting and onboarding efforts for your discipline
- Actively promote an integrated team approach with other discipline leads and staff to facilitate effective communication and resource sharing across service lines and regions
- Collaborate with other teams across Wood to grow market share across targeted clients
- Create a 'team' and collaborative culture through demonstrating open communication, developing trust, and recognizing staff and providing ongoing constructive feedback
- Provide leadership and mentorship to staff; ensure ongoing performance feedback, support development and growth, address performance and behavioral issues as necessary
- Promote Wood's strong Health and Safety culture
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred in engineering (environmental or civil)
- PE or applicable professional certification required, PMP and CFM preferred
- 15 to 20 years of related experience
- 5 years in a leadership or management capacity
- 5 years of experience with successful proposal writing and development
- 5 years project management and business development experience
- Knowledge of FEMA floodplain modeling requirements and standards
- Experience in digital innovation / tools and methodologies applicable to the flood resilience industry including water modeling software
- Knowledge of engineering and construction contract terms and conditions
- Good technical writing and communication skills.
- Must pass a drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.