Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Physicist
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
As a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy Wood Plc work throughout the UK and overseas within a wide range of sectors including Renewables, Property, Defense, Water, Waste and Energy. Due to expansion of our Sustainable Infrastructure business unit we are seeking a motivated and ambitious Engineer to join a growing Renewables team in Scotland.
We are seeking to recruit a talented and ambitious Assistant Consultant or Consultant to join our team led from Edinburgh and Glasgow. This role is ideal for candidates seeking a variety of renewables experience from early-stage design to delivery, involving GIS constraints mapping, outline design and supporting the EIA team.
You will be working within an established team, with scope to build working relationships with colleagues across the wide-ranging nature of our cross-disciplinary projects. You will be expected to provide assistance and support for our on-going workload in a variety of locations and projects. This includes feasibility studies for energy and renewable energy systems (such as Wind, Solar, Small Hydropower, Hydrogen, and Energy Storage), energy strategy development, and supporting colleagues as part of the wider project development lifecycle including feeding into site design, environmental impact assessments and site construction process. There is also the opportunity to develop CAD and InfraWorks deign modelling and the use of Common Data Environments to support in construction phase works.
The main focus of the role will be to contribute to project work delivered by the Built Environment Energy and Renewables Team. This includes UK projects working alongside technical colleagues with a range of specialisms.
While predominantly desk-based, there will be opportunities for short duration site work, such as peat, transportation, hydrology etc assessments.
Skills / Qualifications
- Understanding of the technical aspects of energy and renewable infrastructure projects
- Good communication skills (written, verbal, aural)
- Demonstrably strong report writing skills
- Competent user of Microsoft Office365 products
- A flexible and proactive approach to project delivery
- Reliability and good organisational skills
- Self-starter, capable of working with colleagues located in multiple locations
- Experience of Graphical Information Systems
- Awareness of the technical and environmental requirements on infrastructure projects
- Awareness of the environmental impact assessment process and requirements
- Experience in energy and renewable software, such as Resoft Windfarm, WindPro, RETScreen or PVSyst
- AutoCAD / 3D modelling experience
- Knowledge and awareness of UK Planning Process
- Experience in the development, construction, and operation of onshore or offshore wind energy projects
- Driving licence
- Work experience within engineering services (design and/or consultancy) preferred but not essential
- Degree or post graduate qualification in a Renewable Energy discipline , engineering or physical sciences background.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.