Skills: Project Management, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Wood is growing and we have an exciting career opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer/Project Manager with our Albuquerque, N.M. team. This individual will provide geotechnical engineering services and manage geotechnical engineering projects related to transportation and civil projects in the U.S. and internationally.
This is a great opportunity to work with an established consulting firm, with over 30,000 employees in more than 60 countries, that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions. We are dedicated to developing the careers of our staff, providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated, and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
The preferred candidate will have an educational background in civil engineering, with a geotechnical or geological emphasis; excellent interpersonal skills; written and verbal communication skills; and will be a proactive problem solver. This position offers the opportunity to work with, learn from, and be mentored by senior engineering staff while executing the following roles/responsibilities:
- Provide engineering analysis and design, perform project management, and be responsible for delivering projects to Wood's clients
- Plan, supervise, and lead geotechnical investigations and design activities
- Project management including scope, budget, schedule, and resource management
- Manage and coordinate project teams, ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Perform and review geotechnical engineering analyses
- Write proposals and reports
- Lead, train, and mentor junior staff
- Travel to project sites in the U.S. and internationally - approximately 15% overnight travel
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
- PE registration required
- 10 years + experience in civil/geotechnical engineering
- Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics
- Demonstrated technical excellence in geotechnical engineering
- Understanding of drilling methods, field investigations and laboratory testing procedures
- Excellent communication, leadership, mentoring, writing, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superior time management, planning, and ability to interact with clients
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in the U.S. and internationally
- Must pass a drug test, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.