Skills: Fitter / Turner
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hastings, Victoria, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing suitably qualified Mechanical Fitters to join our team in Hastings, the successful candidate will be responsible to perform Mechanical Fitter duties in a manner that protects safety, health and the environment, whilst conforming to quality and time requirements, and ensure good housekeeping habits at all times to maintain a safe worksite for yourself and fellow workers.
- To understand and adhere to Stepback 5 x 5 principles in the performance of all duties
- Understand and work to Permit System
- Maintain good conduct and work harmoniously with other employees using fundamental interpersonal skills required of the work setting
- Plan all work considering changing conditions and to report progress accurately
- Read and understand detailed drawings including isometric, lay out and P&ID's or specifications to plan and complete the task and ascertain the materials and equipment required
- Set levels and competent in using such equipment for level setting
- Erect and install plant and equipment
- Fitting and assembling of parts to plant and equipment
- Checking the accuracy and quality of assembled equipment
- Fault finding of mechanical equipment
- Punch Listing
Skills / Qualifications
- Fully qualified / indentured mechanical tradesperson in one of the following disciplines - Fitter, Fitter and Turner, Motor Mechanic, diesel mechanic
- Demonstrate a minimum of one year oil and gas industry experience
- Has successfully completed a TAFE Advanced Certificate of Engineering or equivalent formal qualifications in mechanical fitting
- Has demonstrated ability to work independently
- In addition to the qualifications of level 6, demonstrate the ability and proficiency in Hydrostatic/pneumatic testing of pipe work and equipment and reinstate as per P&ID's
- Demonstrate the ability to perform pump alignment and proficient use of such equipment including laser alignment and dial indicators
If you're an experienced Mechanical Fitter, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.