Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hastings, Victoria, Australia
Wood is currently sourcing suitably qualified Scaffolders to join our team in Hastings, the successful candidate will be responsible to perform Scaffolding duties in a manner that protects safety, health and the environment, whilst conforming to quality and time requirements, and ensure good housekeeping habits at all times to maintain a safe worksite for everyone.
- Understand & adhere to Stepback 5X5 principles in the performance of all duties
- Understand & work to Permit System
- Assist tradesperson in their work if/when required
- Erecting & dismantling prefabricated scaffolding to provide work platforms or temporary structures such as walkways
- Check levels in scaffolding structures
- Prepare safety nets & static lines
- Dismantle scaffolding no longer required
- Attach lifting devices to hoisting equipment & items to be moved, using clamps, hooks, bolts & knots
- Selecting slings and other grappling devices, covering sharp corners with padding to prevent damage to slings
- Guiding the Crane Operator by using hang signals or two-way radio when the load is not visible to the Crane Operator
- Alerting people or objects which may come into the path of the moving load
- Guiding the load into place as they are lowered into position
- Inspecting chains, slings, ropes, cables, hooks & lifting gear for flaws & damage such as cracks, wear, mildew & corrosion & reporting these defects
Skills / Qualifications
- Scaffolding & Rigging Qualification
- 5 years minimum experience as a Scaffolder in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Familiar & adept at erection and disassembly of Scaffolding Structures required to facilitate maintenance and modification activities
- Qualified in correct rigging necessary for the erection of structural steel, prefabricated piping spools, temporary facilities, scaffolding, pipe fittings & valves
If you're an experienced Scaffolder, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.