Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hastings, Australia
Wood is currently sourcing suitably qualified Welders to join our team in Hastings, the successful candidate will be responsible to perform Boilermaker Welder duties in a manner that protects safety, health and the environment, whilst conforming to quality and time requirements, and ensure good housekeeping habits at all times to maintain a safe worksite for everyone.
- To understand and adhere to Stepback 5 x 5 principles in the performance of all duties
- Understand and work to Permit System
- Maintain good conduct and work harmoniously with other employees using fundamental interpersonal skills required of the work setting
- Plan all work considering changing conditions and to report progress accurately.
- Read and understand detailed drawings including isometric, lay out and P&ID's or specifications to plan and complete the task and ascertain the materials and equipment required.
- Applying appropriate welding methods to attach part or assemble, structural steel, equipment or pipework, including pipe supports and brackets to specific test standards.
- Modifications / rectifications of prefabricated modules
- Punch Listing
- Selecting, setting up and operating hand tools and welding equipment
- Able to be assigned to work independently in satellite location with small group of mechanical trades
Skills / Qualifications
- Fully qualified / indentured Boilermaker, Structural Steel Fabricator and/or Welder
- Demonstrate a minimum of one year industry (oil and gas) experience
- Department of Labour Certificate 4 (Piping Alloy Steel), 3E (All position Plate - down hand, vertical and overhead) and 7 (Mig - continuous wire feed)
- Esso Welding Procedure 6G
- Equivalent 6G in Cu-Ni, Nickel alloys and duplex stainless steel welding procedures
If you're an experienced Welder, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.