Skills: Machinist, Mechanical Technician, Workshop
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Machinist Working Foreman.
- $35+/hr DOE
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and company matching 401k
- Full time hours
- Tools and Unforms Provided
- Assess and correct job inefficiencies
- Enforce compliance of all safety, EEO, DDA, FERC, EPA and other applicable policies
- Conduct safety pre-job briefings, safety training and post-accident investigations
- Keep accountability of all assigned employees and equipment
- Oversee a single work crew, as well as being capable of assisting with the actual work at hand
Skills / Qualifications
- 2 or more years' experience in area of supervision
- 5 to 10 years of machine shop experience preferred
- Experienced in planning and directing skilled and semi-skilled craft workers
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Maximo Software
- Must possess the same or greater level of qualifications and skill sets required of those crew
members under his direction
- Must be observant and have normal color vision acuity in addition to being able to detect abnormal operations through sight, sound, and smell
- Capable of developing machine sketches
- Physically fit to stand, climb stairs and climb on generating equipment and be able to tolerate generating station environments.
- Capable to perform mechanical repairs of generating equipment.
- Capable of sharpening drill bits and lathe tools.
- Able to speak, read and write in English proficiently
- High proficiency with hand programming G and M Code at the control (Haas, Fanuc)
- Experience with CAM software preferred (Autodesk Fusion 360)
- Ability to setup and fixture "one off" jobs in a fast paced environment with emphasis
being on work alignment in many cases
- Strong understanding of the use of cutter compensation to hold tight tolerances
- Perform routine maintenance and daily upkeep on machines
- Experience with setting up jobs with a 4th axis preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.