Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: New York, United States
You'll have the chance to learn and work with advanced treatment technologies including media filtration, softening, reverse osmosis (RO), ion exchange (IX), de-oxygenation, electro deionization, and ultrafiltration (UF). This is a opportunity to learn valuable skills that will last a lifetime while creating a cleaner more sustainable world for us all! If you like what you see, here's more.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Operate, monitor, and optimize industrial equipment performance. Troubleshoot and preform preventative maintenance on a variety of systems and equipment.
- Perform analytical testing such as: turbidity, hardness, chlorine, pH, CO2, O2, SDI, TOC, in addition to various other site-specific testing requirements
- Maintain inventory of spare parts and adequate supply of chemicals and replacement parts. Create and maintain site paperwork, and provide customers with detailed technical summaries of work performed
- Carry out mechanical, electrical and controls troubleshooting on equipment such as valves, air compressors, ejectors, process pumps, blowers, and instrumentation
- Partner with customer management and operation teams to help advise on system performance, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- High School Diploma / GED / Home School Certification OR international equivalent and 2+ years' experience of service/maintenance or equivalent in an industrial environment
- Bachelor or Associates Degree in Science/Engineering (STEM) or technical certificate in Instrumentation, Controls or programming and/or water treatment equipment including UF/MBR Working experience with PLC control systems, PLC programming and troubleshooting is preferred
- This role requires quite a bit of travel within your territory, so you'll need to have a valid driver's license
- Sometimes emergency service is required. When it happens, you may be asked to be step in and save the day - we work hard to make sure on-call schedules are balanced but it is part of the role.
Please Note: While the Albany NY location is the base of operations, if you live outside the immediate area that may work just as well and we encourage you to apply!
Why do people love working here?
- Recognition and rewards for your hard work and achievements!
- Opportunity for new challenges - We're growing and love to promote from within!
- Competitive pay, benefits (including company matched 401k), paid training, and time off!
- An excellent leadership team and a collaborative culture where you'll be part of something special!
Hear what current Field Service Rep's are saying
"One of the reasons I like working for WTS is the "resource revolution". It is a good thing to work for a company that contributes to environmental stewardship. Training is another reason working for WTS is beneficial. And, the people. Lots of people that are willing to assist. ~Stephen
"When I first got hired on what I loved was the sheer amount there is to learn. Also, at least in BOO we have a very flexible schedule. This is a career, and there is more than one way to succeed and move forward. If you're someone who wants to get challenged to learn and work around people who knowledgeable in their craft than this is the place for you." ~Daniel
"The best part of my job would be flexibility with hours most days. I enjoy the work with my manager and other FSR's also. They are usually willing to help resolving site concerns and supporting decisions when it comes to customer dealings." ~Ryan
At WTS, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Because our people are our greatest assets, we also offer competitive benefits that include:
- Health & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions is now part of Veolia and operating as Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions. With operations in 130 countries and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions solves the toughest water, wastewater and process challenges around the globe. Leveraging a comprehensive set of chemical, equipment and digital enabled services and products, the company helps customers optimize water resources and overcome process challenges. Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions serves customers across all industries, including food and beverage, metals and mining, power, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemicals, petrochemicals, pulp and paper, and utilities.