Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Water Resources Project Manager/Team Lead
We are looking for Water Resources/Civil Engineer with greater than 8 years of experience that enjoys the technical & project management aspects in water resources engineering associated with flood mitigation projects across the Gulf Coast states. This is an opportunity to expand your career as a senior professional and leader with a growing engineering and environmental consulting operation. The ideal candidate's experience includes floodplain modeling and mapping, general watershed studies, flood mitigation studies, dams, levee systems, streambank stabilization, municipal stormwater studies, and drainage design.
The Texas Operation is anticipating continued multi-discipline growth over the next 5-7 years. This opportunity will allow you to work with a dynamic group of flood resiliency and climate change specialists throughout North America that is continuously growing providing career opportunities for its team.
- Supervise local water resources technical professionals, including workload and staffing management.
- Technical oversight of junior water resources staff including managing, mentoring, and training.
- Coordinate and manage water resources, watershed/floodplain studies and/or storm water management projects.
- Assist business leaders with proposal efforts, business strategies, and contract negotiations including but not limited to terms & conditions, scope, and budget.
- Effectively convey proposed work efforts and project results in technical documents, interviews, and oral presentations.
- Direct project team within contract and scope terms, monitor subcontractor compliance with contracts.
- With assistance from business leaders, develop project scope, schedule, and budgets.
- Monitors and manage project and task management in compliance with contractual, quality, and financial commitments.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Collaborate with Wood's nationally established Flood Risk Program.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil or Agricultural Engineering or related engineering field
- PE Certification required, CFM preferred
- >8 years' experience is required
- Preferred Software experience:
- USACE HEC Programs (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, etc)
- SWMM (PC-SWMM, XP-SWMM, Innovyze Products, etc)
- 2D Hydraulic Modelling (HECRAS 2D, FLO-2D, RiverFlow 2D, SRH-2D, etc)
- ESRI ArcGIS
- AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Has Established Local Relationships
- Knowledge of FEMA floodplain modeling requirements and standards
- Experience in digital innovation / tools and methodologies applicable to the flood resilience industry
- Knowledge of engineering and construction contract terms and conditions
- Good technical writing and communication skills.
- Must pass a drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.