Skills: Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood currently has an opportunity available for a Sr Air Quality & Permitting Specialist.
Are you an Environmental Engineer/Scientist with 12-15+ years of air permitting/compliance experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm on technically complex projects and with opportunities for personal and professional growth? Are you looking for a firm that values its employees' enthusiasm and technical contributions? We are growing and have a career opportunity for an Air Permitting Specialist to join our dynamic team in Houston, TX.
- Serve as technical lead in Houston office for air quality project support driven by the Clean Air Act, as well as state and local regulations, including evolving regulations and reporting programs related to emissions quantification and studies, carbon and climate change programs, environmental impact assessments, regulatory analysis and permitting, and compliance solutions.
- Lead client business development activities in a doer / seller format, including client development, scope of work and proposal preparation, and client-centric presentations.
- Develop comprehensive permitting and compliance plans for projects - both construction phase and operational phase- utilizing a strategic approach that is cost-effective and efficient. Lead staff in delivering those projects.
- Deliver state and federal air quality permits such as NSR, PSD, Title V, GHG, pre-construction and operating permits, and air quality impact assessments involving dispersion modeling and health risk assessment. This will include preparation of permitting documents, agency engagement and compliance guidance.
- Prepare emission estimates based on site-specific information using approved state and federal calculation methodologies and engineering/scientific principles.
- Prepare annual compliance reports (e.g., emission inventories, Tier II, Toxics Release Inventory, greenhouse gas, Title V, NESHAP, MACT, MECT, etc.).
- Assist in evaluation of air pollution control technologies, including economic and technical feasibility of air pollution control equipment.
- Conduct screening level and refined level air dispersion modeling projects.
- Conduct federal and state air quality regulatory reviews and compliance strategy development.
- Participate in environmental compliance audits, as appropriate.
- Execute project performance and budget monitoring & reporting (internally and externally)
- Serve as an effective interface between client's project team and consulting team, conveying technical, schedule and financial information in a timely and professional manner
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental or Chemical Engineering or closely related science discipline.
- Minimum of 12 -15 years' experience delivering air permitting and compliance support from studies and design phase up to construction and operations in one or more key markets including Oil and Gas (midstream and downstream - refining), Power (generation and transmission/distribution), or Chemical Manufacturing.
- Proven project management skills, including experience in managing staff to deliver projects.
- Proven business development experience.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of air quality regulations, Title V permitting, NSR, PSD and synthetic minor air permitting, emissions reporting, and federal/state/local air emissions standards.
- Experienced in working with Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) air permitting/compliance program.
- Adept at relationship building, team building and conflict resolution.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and writing skills.
- Willing to travel up to 25% to meet project needs in the Gulf Coast region.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Master's degree in Environmental, Chemical Engineering or closely related science discipline
- Direct experience working for an industrial company, especially if accompanied with consulting experience
- Air Dispersion Modeling experience (AERMOD, CALPUFF)
- Professional Certification: PE, CHMM, PMP, etc.
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER
- Field work in outdoor environments - walking on uneven terrain, climbing stacks, working at heights.
- Wear petrochemical facility standard PPE including FRCs, steel toed shoes, half face and full face respirators.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.