Skills: Supply Chain Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Wood has an opportunity for a Head of Supply Chain to join the management team and oversee procurement and subcontracts activities within our Reading and Staines offices.
Responsible to the leadership for the direction and management of supply chain personnel, primarily deployed to projects, and providing supply chain solutions (personnel, systems, and procedures) to projects which includes procurement, expediting, materials management, logistics, Inspection and subcontracts. The role sits in a matrix organisation functionally reporting to a regional Senior Supply Chain Manager (ELT-3) and day to day to the Reading/Staines Operational Vice President, to whom the Head of Supply Chain is overall responsible for effective and profitable execution of all projects from supply chain perspective.
Key aspects of the role include the direction and management and deployment of supply chain to a portfolio of projects, supporting new business winning and administration of a department that serves our Reading and Staines Centres of Excellence. You will collaborate with work share offices domestically and overseas and align with the needs of the Supply Chain Function that is overseeing a transformation of the Supply Chain globally.
Key needs of the role are:
- An ability to undertake resource management and planning in consideration of workload backlog, prospects and assessment of new business to maximise utilisation and billability;
- Attraction, retention, engagement of the right resources to the projects in home office or site and nominations for proposals and prospects;
- Retaining the right resources in the right cost mix to meet the company and projects needs
- In collaboration of the Supply Chain Projects Leadership and Reading/Staines Management, the Head of Supply Chain will manage promotions and salary adjustments
- Conduct performance evaluations of the SC team and provide feed-back through performance reviews
- Ensuring the competence, performance, and opportunity for development of supply chain personnel within the department
Core to providing guidance and direction to deployed Supply Chain / Subcontract Managers is an ability to understand client's requirements including Wood responsibilities and ensure the project supply chain strategies, plans, procedures and terms and conditions align to the 'as contracted' position. You will be able to understand and manage threats to the commercial position of Wood and Client and ensure plans put together by Supply Chain managers mitigate commercial risks. You yourself will have strong knowledge of commercial terms and conditions and be able to interface with Wood legal / commercial experts and can initiate / discuss adaptations to reach robust commercial agreements.
The role is described in outline below:
- Manages, directs and supports others engaged in the full range of supply chain activities, while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, and relevant reporting requirements
- Accountable to management for the successful set up and delivery of all projects supply chain processes, procedures and activities
- Regularly monitors and reports department overhead (manhours and costs) in accordance with approved budgets, provides Approvals of Wood activities in line with Delegation of Authority and Supply chain Approval Matrix.
- Along with Reading/Staines Operational Management participates in Execution reviews of projects
- Via appropriate audit, review and intervention (if required), ensures all supply chain activities are carried out in accordance with the project execution plan / schedule and / or contracting strategy, within approved budgets and in line with project processes and procedures
- Reviews project specific procurement execution plan from a point of expertise and / or contracting strategy, and contract schedule in line with project scope including the deployment and application of computerized systems
- Establishes priorities, assigns workloads and reviews the more difficult and complex aspects of the supply chain workload
- Ensure deployed teams undertake Supplier performance reviews and ongoing management of suppliers and subcontractors ensuring corrective actions are taken where required
- Ensures that supply chain carry out all activity in accordance with the Wood Supply Chain Code of Conduct, ensures that all statutory and legal requirements and applicable processes and procedures are complied with, and all documents are filed accurately and fully auditable
- Act as a role model to embed the Financial Management Framework across the business
- Implement robust performance management and development plans for the team, ensuring any gaps are addressed and development and succession planning is managed effectively
- Delivery against internal and external in year savings targets as per business plan
- As part of the role you will need to lead the compilation of supply chain strategies and contribute to Proposal write ups and/or identify personnel to provide support for SCM proposal response efforts.
- Provide adequate support to estimate to collect market prices for material and construction services.
- Provide support to affiliates and other Business Groups (e.g. India, Saudi Arabia, Qatar)
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience working within the Petrochemical and / or Onshore Oil & Gas industry
- Ideally degree qualified
- Extensive project Supply Chain experience gained in EPC/EPCM/FEED/PMC capacity demonstrating results and progression to a similar management position
- Leadership, motivation and development of teams and individuals
- Client contract requirements
- Subcontract Agreements and Framework Agreements
- Familiarity with industry forms of Subcontract
- Complex Tactical Procurement
- Logistics and Materials Management
- ERP systems
- Supply Chain Principles and techniques
- Negotiating complex agreements
- Dispute and claim resolution
- Implementation of project supply chain processes and procedures
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Experience in audit and assurance
- Leading complex tender activities through to completion
- Recruiting, interviewing, selecting and mobilisation of supply chain teams to projects
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.