Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Topeka, Kansas, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a career opportunity for an Entry-Level Water Resources Engineer with our Topeka, KS team.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals. This position offers potential for development in a great working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. Typical projects involve helping local, state and federal clients complete floodplain management, stormwater management and other watershed planning projects.
- Will work under the supervision of a Senior Engineer supporting our hydraulics and hydrology group
- Will support floodplain management, stormwater engineering, drainage engineering, dam and levee design and stream restoration work
- Will perform surface water hydrologic and hydraulic modeling utilizing HY-8, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, XPSWMM, and EPA SWMM and ArcGIS software extensions
- Convey results and findings by means of oral discussions, graphic-based presentations and project documentation
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering, Agricultural Engineer, Biosystems Engineering or related engineering degree required
- 0 to 2 years + of hydrology / hydraulics and water resources experience
- Must be a self-starter with good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience using HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, EPASWMM, HY-8 software is a plus
- Experience using ArcGIS, ArcPRO is a plus
- Experience with MicroStation/Geopak and/or AutoCAD a plus
- Familiarity with the National Flood Insurance Program and FEMA flood insurance study regulations is a plus
- Must pass drug test and background check
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.