Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ingleside, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical Commissioning Technician with offshore upstream Oil and Gas commissioning experience. The location for this position will be Ingleside, TX.
** US Only- Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship required.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: This is a specialized working level for the electrical and electronic commissioning and maintenance function. Incumbents perform the full range of electrician duties to satisfactorily complete the commissioning of equipment and facilities.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB: Keen safety awareness and advocacy; under general supervision, to perform a variety of commissioning activities on all electrical, electronic equipment associated with Oil/ Gas production facility. Commissioning, installation, and repair duties. To demonstrate a full understanding of all applicable policies and work methods associated with assigned duties to commission and maintain electrical equipment and to perform other duties as assigned.
CRITICAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be responsible for understanding and executing Woods's Safety Policies and Procedures throughout all phases of the project. Personal safety awareness and team safety awareness are necessary.
- Inspect, commission, repair, maintain, and troubleshoot electrical, electronic and associated control systems and power circuits, power generating equipment, switchgear, and emergency systems; take appropriate action when failures occur.
- Support the execution of commissioning procedures for assigned electrical tasks.
- Acceptance of Mechanically Complete Sub system packages from Construction
- Punch List management and responsibility of offered Sub systems / Systems.
- Complete all relevant project documentation including knowledge of completion systems.
- Read, interpret and work from vendor documentation, project drawings, schematic diagrams and equipment manuals.
- Maintain and repair of low, medium and high voltage switchgear.
- Install and maintain cathodic protection, corrosion control and associated equipment.
- Commission lighting systems and associated control systems.
- Inspect and set safety switches.
- Maintain records and prepare regular and special reports on electrical and electronic systems.
- Analyze work problems and make corrections when will facilitate the completion of system assignments.
- Maintain equipment records and parts inventory.
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff.
- Establish positive working relationships with immediate supervision and personnel from other departments.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written. Be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Read, understand and follow Permit to Work procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned or requested.
Skills / Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate should be a motivated self-starter with complex problem-solving ability. Excellent communication skills and team-oriented personality required to interface with Construction and Operations Teams. A detailed working knowledge of midstream oil and gas processing facilities is required including:
- Electrical theory, work methods, tools and testing equipment used in the commissioning of Oil/ Gas Facilities.
- Telephone, telemetry and SCADA equipment.
- Regulations pertaining to electrical and electronic installation, maintenance and repairs.
- Electrical Generation and Distribution basics.
- Electrical and electronic schematic diagrams.
- Lighting Systems and Distribution Panels
- DC and UPS Power Systems
- Wiring and Troubleshooting abilities
- Experience with Turbine Generator Start up and Commissioning
- Experience with Diesel Engine driven Back up Emergency Generator Sets
- Experience with 480VAC, medium voltage 4160VAC and above switchgear controls
- Principles and practices of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems maintenance and repair.
- Principles of variable frequency drives, motors and control systems.
- Permit to work System.
- Report writing and records maintenance.
- Occupational hazards, standard safety procedures, and electrical safe work practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
Proven background, a combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Typically, 5 years of responsible experience in commissioning a variety of electrical, electronic and control systems common to Oil/ Gas or Petrochemical Industry. Preferably with Offshore Deepwater experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Relevant Electrical Technician certificates are required and/or Higher National Certificate (or equivalent) in a primary Engineering discipline .
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.