Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ingleside, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrument & Control (I&C) Commissioning Technician with offshore upstream Oil and Gas commissioning experience. The location for this position will be Ingleside, TX.
** US Only- Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship required.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: This is a specialized working level for the instrumentation and controls commissioning and maintenance function. Incumbents perform the full range of instrumentation technician duties to satisfactorily complete the commissioning of instrumentation/ fire & gas equipment.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB: Keen safety awareness and advocacy; under general supervision, to perform a variety of commissioning, troubleshooting and repairing of all instrumentation. This will include calibration of input sensors such as flow meters, level transducers, pressure transducers, fire & gas equipment, data logging and other monitoring equipment. To demonstrate a full understanding of all applicable policies and work methods associated with assigned duties to commission and maintain instrumentation equipment and to perform other duties as assigned.
CRITICAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be responsible for understanding and executing Woods's Safety Policies and Procedures throughout all phases of the project. Personal safety awareness and team safety awareness are necessary.
- Inspect, commission, maintain and troubleshoot control instrumentation and fire & gas equipment.
- Complete all relevant project documentation including knowledge of completion systems
- Perform highly skilled commissioning, testing, maintenance and repair on control, metering and recording instruments, control apparatus, data logging and display equipment, communications/ telemetering systems and Fire & Gas equipment.
- Perform commissioning duties on, control circuits, level control devices, flow control devices, temperature control devices and pressure control devices.
- Install, calibrate, commission, troubleshoot and repair of input sensors such as flow meters, level transducers, pressure transducers, fire & gas equipment and other monitoring equipment.
- Support the execution of commissioning procedures for assigned electrical tasks.
- Acceptance of Mechanically Complete Sub system packages from Construction
- Punch List management and responsibility of offered Sub systems / Systems.
- Complete all relevant project documentation including knowledge of completion systems.
- Read, interpret and work from vendor documentation, project drawings, schematic diagrams and equipment manuals.
- Maintain and repair of low, medium and high voltage switchgear.
- Install and maintain cathodic protection, corrosion control and associated equipment.
- Commission lighting systems and associated control systems.
- Inspect and set safety switches.
- Maintain records and prepare regular and special reports on electrical and electronic systems.
- Analyze work problems and make corrections when will facilitate the completion of system assignments.
- Maintain equipment records and parts inventory.
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff.
- Establish positive working relationships with immediate supervision and personnel from other departments.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written. Be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Read, understand and follow Permit to Work procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned or requested.
Skills / Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate should be a motivated self-starter with complex problem-solving ability. Excellent communication skills and team-oriented personality required to interface with Construction and Operations Teams. A detailed working knowledge of midstream oil and gas processing facilities is required including:
- Instrument/Electrical theory, work methods, tools and testing equipment used in the commissioning of Oil/Gas Facilities.
- Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&ID's), telephone, telemetry equipment.
- Fire & Gas equipment
- Valve Positioners
- DC Power Systems
- Analog and Discrete Signals
- Pneumatic Systems
- Hart Protocol
- Proficient in Control Logic Schemes
- Experience with various PLC, DCS, and Fire & Gas control systems
- PLC logic controls
- Process Automation
- Report writing and records maintenance.
- Permit to work System
- Cause and Effect logic relationships of equipment
- Report writing and records maintenance.
- Permit to work System
- Occupational hazards and standard safety procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
Proven background, a combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Typically, 5 years of responsible experience in commissioning a variety of instrumentation and automation systems common to Oil/ Gas or Petrochemical Industry. Preferably with Offshore Deepwater experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Relevant Instrumentation Technician certificates are required and/or Higher National Certificate (or equivalent) in a primary Engineering discipline.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.