Skills: Risk Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Mid Level Risk Assessor in the Southeast US. Possible office locations for this role would be Nashville or Knoxville, Tennessee, Lexington or Louisville, Kentucky, or Birmingham AL. For candidates not in those locations, we would consider fully remote work for a highly qualified individual.
The ideal candidate will have 5 to 8 years of experience preparing human health risk assessments projects and providing senior technical leadership for human health risk assessment projects and proposals. This exciting opportunity offers a growth position in a team-oriented environment for an individual with an established track record as a Risk Assessor. Candidate should have a successful track record preparing based on chemical data and site-specific conditions for current and former industrial / commercial sites in a variety of settings. Candidates should be self-motivated, have experience working with a diverse team, and be able to work on projects with variable complexity. The candidate should possess a balanced portfolio of skills including a strong technical understanding of their primary area of practice, data management, and technical writing.
- Prepare human health risk assessments based on chemical data and site conditions for current and former industrial / commercial sites
- Prepare proposals for scopes of work, subject to review and approval by senior personnel and the Project Manager
- Manage tasks of larger projects and track budgets
- Under guidance of Project Manager or senior staff represent Wood and interact in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives while on field assignments
- Data management and evaluation
- Prepare technical reports
- Ensure that Wood administrative and financial policies and procedures as well as the methods and procedures specific to the work are followed
- Regional travel to field project sites and occasional remote field assignments may be required
- May require up to 15% of time performing field work around construction equipment, drilling rigs and environmental contamination
- Will require 20 - 25% travel
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of five to eight years experience in the environmental industry is necessary
- Degree coursework focus on chemistry, toxicology, statistics, biology, technical writing and applied mathematics
- Demonstrated ability to work independently via senior or master's thesis or other study effort
- Knowledge of toxicology, statistics, human health risk assessment and regulatory compliance
- Perform tasks involved with gathering field data for chemical concentrations, calculating human health risk assessment, and preparing reports on the data analysis
- Working knowledge of the federal, state, and local regulations / ordinances involving human health risk assessment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with technical writing experience
- Familiarity with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
- Must have current OSHA HAZWOPER training (with refreshers) or pass training within 30 days of hire
- Valid driver's license
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.