Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood has an opportunity for a Principal / Senior / Civil & Structural Engineer, preferrably experienced in Oil & Gas Sector / similar industry. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Civil & Structural Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects through a global talent pool.
- Principal / Senior Engineer shall be responsible for overall technical direction and co-ordination of all Civil & Structural engineering and design work on assigned projects in accordance with Project Execution Plan, applicable Project Procedures and Standards
- Ensure high quality and timely completion of the assigned work within the established budget, including ensuring technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities, specifications, procedures, etc produced by the Civil & Structural discipline
- Prepare, Review, Check, Issue and follow up, all Civil & Structural deliverables up to the issue for construction stage.
- Perform engineering design calculations and prepare design sketches as required
- Perform steel connection design and steel fabrication drawing review
- Coordinate with other disciplines for inputs / comments on Civil & Structural drawings prior to construction issue
- Assist in internal & client model reviews in line with Wood procedure
- Coordinate with Permitting Coordinator, Professional Engineers (PE) and Qualified Persons (QP) involved in the project for timely delivery of Civil & Structural documents for local authority approval.
- Principal / Senior Engineer shall prepare Sub-contract requisitions along with MTO/BOQ and participate in Technical Bid evaluation
- Principal / Senior Engineer shall ensure adequate manpower resources with relevant technical competence are available for his assigned area & a dvise the Lead / Civil Section Manager of manpower requirement to meet work schedule
- A ssist the Project team in site walk-down survey with other discipline engineers and Client representatives as required, in resolving technical issues until construction completion
- To be part of field engineering team as per project need
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Civil Engineering with more than 15 years of experience for Principal and more than 7 years of experience for Senior in Oil & Gas / Refinery / Petrochemical / Chemical / Power / Pharmaceutical Plant Projects
- Senior / Junior Civil & Structural Engineer with local Building / Infrastructural Project experience are encouraged to apply, industry specific training will be provided for suitable candidates
- Adept with software for Civil / Structural (both Concrete and Steel) design calculations such as STAAD.Pro, SAFE, RAM Connection, TEDDS, etc...Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel Spreadsheets
- Conversant with Local and International Design Codes and Standards such as Euro Codes, British and American Codes for Civil Structural design
- Have knowledge in Local Singapore Civil & Structural Permitting Requirements
- Familiar with Civil & Structural design and drafting activities including ability to review 3D Design, SPR, Navisworks etc. and ability to manage/supervise designer/drafting team.
- Able to lead, motivate & guide a team comprising of Engineers & Designers
- Must have experience in manpower planning and CSA design deliverables execution planning and handling
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, energetic, taking proactive measure are desired
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.