Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 18 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood has an opportunity for a Principal / Senior / Civil & Structural Designer, preferrably experienced in Oil & Gas Sector. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Civil & Structural Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects through a global talent pool.
- Principal / Senior Designer shall be responsible for overall co-ordination, supervision, and operation of the Civil / Structural Designers group and ensure all Modelling & drafting activities to be completed with high quality, within the schedule and budgeted manhours
- Principal / Senior Designer shall ensure design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities, specifications, procedures, etc. produced within the assigned designer team.
- Proactively coordinate with the supervisors to be fully aware of latest applicable codes, standards etc. and keeping assigned Drafting persons informed.
- Regular Co-ordination with the assigned Drafting Team to ensure uniformity in design and drafting activities
- The checking of drawings against basis and mark-ups before issuance to the supervisors for further quality checking
- Coordinating 3D modelling activities of the team and with other lead discipline designers to maintain the clash free model
- Junior Civil & Structural Designer shall be reporting to the Lead or Area Designer, the main functions of the role will be to ensure all modelling & drafting activities are completed with high quality & within budgeted manhours, submitting the drawings to the supervisors for checking before issue
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering with more than 18 years of experience for Principal and more than 9 years of experience for Senior Designer in Pharmaceutical / Refinery / Petrochemical / Chemical / Power Plant Projects
- Strong knowledge & working experience in 3D Software like Tekla / Revit / Frameworks Plus. Experience in SP3D / E3D is an added advantage
- Experience in Tekla Structures with Structural Steelworks / Concrete reinforcement modelling and Bar Bending Scheduling work
- Strong knowledge & working experience in AutoCAD / Microstation
- Knowledge in Local Civil & Structural Permitting Requirements and experience in BIM modelling
- Civil & Structural Designer (less than 10 years of experience) with local Building / Infrastructural Project experience are encouraged to apply
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful and proactive
- Possess good interpersonal skills with sound written and oral communication skills
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude and a desire to win
- Ability to promote an open and informal communication environment that aims at growing mutual trust and teamwork
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.