Skills: Software Specialist
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sheridan, Wyoming, United States
Looking for a career opportunity with a stable company that provides great benefits? Wood is looking for a CADD/GIS Technician to join our team in Sheridan, Wyoming. This position will work with both 2D and 3D design, working across several energy sectors, including Oil and Gas, Solar, Wind and Renewables. Wood offers multiple medical, dental and vision plans, a 100% vested 401k plan from first day of employment, life insurance, PTO and much more. #woodwyoming
- Create maps, diagrams and profiles using cross-sections and surveys to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations and structures
- Use ESRI GIS software for multiple applications.
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations and construction projects working from sketches or notes
- Create site designs using Civil 3D Autodesk Software with imported point data, coordinate data and manual data
- Assist the design team in coordinating design management with engineering discipline
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications and other engineering date received from civil engineers and surveyors to ensure that they conform to design concepts
- Balance earthworks on sites to accommodate Oil and Gas Facilities that best fit environmental conditions and regulatory rules and regulations
- Produce staking points from Civil Software to allow field staking of site designs
- Interface with design team members and field survey crews
- Correlate, interpret, and modify data obtained from topographical surveys, well logs, and geophysical prospecting reports
Skills / Qualifications
This position will require the use of Civil 3D Autodesk software to be used in the design and drawing production of site designs from field survey data. Previous experience with Oil and Gas Development preferred, but not required. Incumbent must be willing to live in the Sheridan or Buffalo, WY area. Per Diem and man-camp accommodations are not available with this position.
- Have a High School or GED diploma. (One year of College preferred)
- Have a valid US driver's license
- Be willing to learn and grow in GIS and AutoCadd applications
- Have a professional image, integrity, and commitment to excellence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.